New damning evidence against the Nahom argument

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Re: New damning evidence against the Nahom argument

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

cwald wrote:Did I miss the post with the link?

No need for the video, here is the information

_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Still no word from Peterson, but his friend just told me

kiwi57

My response is as follows:
1. Since Arabic and Hebrew are cognate languages - and anciently were even closer than they are today - it's not surprising that Arabic inscriptions from that time and place would match Biblical names. This fact is about as newsworthy as announcing that the letters in Dan's post match those in the dictionary.
2. Since you presumab ly prefer a naturalistic explanation for the Book of Mormon, perhaps you'd like to come up with a coherent theory how someone writing in the year 168 BG (i.e. 1829 in our current calendar) is going to know that there are lo, those many 6th Century BC inscriptions to be found in that precise area of Arabia.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeterso ... asmus.html
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Well, that was a dumb comment from kiwi57.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Kishkumen wrote:Well, that was a dumb comment from kiwi57.

Your post seems redundant...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

kiwi57 wrote: perhaps you'd like to come up with a coherent theory how someone writing in ... 1829 is going to know that there are ... inscriptions [that sound like biblical names] in that precise area of Arabia.
kiwi57, in the same post, wrote: it's not surprising that Arabic inscriptions from that time and place would match Biblical names.

Umm......what was the question again?