West Africa has Churchs' highest activity rate @37%

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_2bizE
_Emeritus

Re: West Africa only has 37% activity rate.

Post by _2bizE »

I'm surprised it is 37%. Thought it would be lower.
~ 2BizE
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: West Africa only has 37% activity rate.

Post by _I have a question »

More information on West Africa from a different article:
The members in West Africa are full of faith, added Elder Nash. “They are intelligent people of faith. They hunger for doctrine and their souls resonate to the truth and doctrine of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ,” he said.

The average sacrament meeting attendance of the Church in West Africa may be the highest percentage of any area of the Church, he said. “Our people love the Lord. They face misunderstanding, ignorance about the Church and outright persecution in some places — and yet remain faithful to the Lord and His Church. A testimony meeting in West Africa is an hour of spiritual feasting: testimony is borne of divine truths, of the strength of doctrine and gospel principles applied in daily living. The testimonies are usually brief, simple, direct, focused on the basic, core doctrine of the Church and rich with the Spirit.”

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... ospel.html

So - global activity rates are less than 37%.
Meaning there are less than 5.8 million active members.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')