Book of Mormon Apologetics - Wherefore Art Thou?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Book of Mormon Apologetics - Wherefore Art Thou?

Post by _Maksutov »

Mahujah wrote:
Maksutov wrote:
Great reference, and welcome to the board. Blavatsky was more successful in creating an institution that would continue her work. She had many sources, however. Some she went to a great deal of trouble to hide. But she was enthusiastic about Higgins' writings. The 18th and 19th centuries were full of these kinds of productions. In the 20th century we saw other offspring of theosophy like the I AM movement, William Dudley Pelley's Soulcraft and the Borderland Sciences group that was the midwife to the UFO movement. :wink: The inventiveness of Joseph Smith can be found in many places, then and now. I think of him and the others as mythopoeic creators.

Thanks for the welcome. Can I just say how refreshing it is to read such an insightful comment on such an obscure but relevant topic. Not something I experience regularly on Mormon-related boards.

Thanks!

You are welcome. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

and you also believe that the Book of Mormon is myth.

I believe that the Book of Mormon is myth. If it means that I am going to hell for believing it, then so be it. :smile:
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Brackite wrote:
and you also believe that the Book of Mormon is myth.
I believe that the Book of Mormon is myth. If it means that I am going to hell for believing it, then so be it. :smile:

Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant ???
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.