Justserve.org

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Justserve.org

Post by _Sanctorian »

Though originally meant simply to list ways for Mormon missionaries to fulfill their four-hours-a-week service requirements

About three years ago, the experiment began in San Jose, Calif. Mormon officials found that missionaries involved in service were less likely to have health problems or depression, and relationships between the pairs, known as "companionships," improved.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5126049-155/mormons-justserve-helps-helpers-find-places?fullpage=1

Interesting - they noticed that missionaries that proselyte less and serve more have fewer health problems, lower levels of depression and better relationships.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Re: Justserve.org

Post by _Chap »

Sanctorian wrote: ... they noticed that missionaries that proselyte less and serve more have fewer health problems, lower levels of depression and better relationships.

That's because Satan is rewarding them for having abandoned the task of spreading The Gospel™.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Justserve.org

Post by _I have a question »

Sanctorian wrote:
Though originally meant simply to list ways for Mormon missionaries to fulfill their four-hours-a-week service requirements

About three years ago, the experiment began in San Jose, Calif. Mormon officials found that missionaries involved in service were less likely to have health problems or depression, and relationships between the pairs, known as "companionships," improved.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5126049-155/mormons-justserve-helps-helpers-find-places?fullpage=1

Interesting - they noticed that missionaries that proselyte less and serve more have fewer health problems, lower levels of depression and better relationships.

*settles in for a very long wait to see if the other shoe drops in the offices of the CAB*
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')