Church gives <$22 to each child victim of abuse in Utah.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Church gives <$22 to each child victim of abuse in Utah.

Post by _I have a question »

WEST JORDAN, Utah — The scriptures reveal Jesus Christ’s limitless love for children. The Lord blessed them, healed them, protected them and even raised them from the dead — offering hope and new life.

That deep, divine tenderness for “these little ones” is what anchors the Church’s support of the South Valley Children’s Justice Center, a government program that provides counseling, medical attention, legal services and other vital resources to victims of child abuse and their families.

On Thursday, April 20, Sister Joy D. Jones, Primary general president, presented the center with a donation of $120,000 on behalf of the Church. The money will help the center enhance its on-site medical services and resources at eight children’s justice centers across Utah.

“It is a gift to be able to partner with this organization,” Sister Jones told the Church News. “What they are doing is phenomenal. They are blessing the lives of children and their families.”

Caring for young victims of abuse is deeply personal for the Primary leader.

“I love these children and I pray for them every day,” she said. “The Savior was all about protecting children. It was his focus. And that is what this [donation] is about today.”

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... abuse.html

8 centres in total (all in Utah, not near where you live) getting the same as a single GA stipend.

There are more than 20 Children’s Justice Center locations in Utah that assist 5,500 child victims each year.

That's less than $22 per child victim.

The Saviour may have been all about protecting children, but his latter day Church is all about the upmarket shopping.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Re: Church gives <$22 to each child victim of abuse in Utah.

Post by _CameronMO »

I have a question wrote: 8 centres in total (all in Utah, not near where you live) getting the same as a single GA stipend.

That was the first thing I associated with this donation.
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

CameronMO wrote:
I have a question wrote: 8 centres in total (all in Utah, not near where you live) getting the same as a single GA stipend.

That was the first thing I associated with this donation.

But...but...but the MOAR in Philadelphia got $2.5m from the LDS Church. Priorities.
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Post by _CameronMO »

sock puppet wrote:But...but...but the MOAR in Philadelphia got $2.5m from the LDS Church. Priorities.

Good point. Genealogy gets $2,500,000. Kids get $120,000. And hopefully none of those kids have a parent in a homosexual relationship. The church wouldn't want to help them.

That was probably mean. Sorry.
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

CameronMO wrote:Good point. Genealogy gets $2,500,000. Kids get $120,000. And hopefully none of those kids have a parent in a homosexual relationship. The church wouldn't want to help them.

It's not mean, it's a fair assessment in my book.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

sock puppet wrote:
CameronMO wrote:That was the first thing I associated with this donation.

But...but...but the MOAR in Philadelphia got $2.5m from the LDS Church. Priorities.

What does MOAR mean? (I'm assuming you don't mean the Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery.)
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Post by _CameronMO »

Museum of the American Revolution, which I think is near the new upscale residential high-rise the church just built there, along with some loss leaders.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

CameronMO wrote:
sock puppet wrote:But...but...but the MOAR in Philadelphia got $2.5m from the LDS Church. Priorities.

Good point. Genealogy gets $2,500,000. Kids get $120,000. And hopefully none of those kids have a parent in a homosexual relationship. The church wouldn't want to help them.

The Church values one museum 20 times higher than 5,500 child victims of abuse in Utah.
#ponderize
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')