Jeremy Runnells Statement: Clarke LIED

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Re: Jeremy Runnells Statement: Clarke LIED

Post by _Rosebud »

Wait. And I stayed with some Mormons (well, ex, I think) in North Carolina and Virginia about 20 months ago when I dropped my daughter off at school.

You won't find me arguing to put labels on people who don't choose them. I'm an advocate of self-determination and self-identification.

That said, self-determination and self-identification are a different subject than the system I'm referring to. In order to understand it you have to think in terms of collectives instead of individuals and patterns of interactions instead of individual actions. I'm speaking of a practical application of a theoretical principle, not individual people.
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

I have an errand to run and work to do so apologies in advance if I don't get back to this thread.
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Rosebud wrote:You won't find me arguing to put labels on people who don't choose them. I'm an advocate of self-determination and self-identification.

??
Rosebud, earlier in the thread, wrote:But Mormons are still Mormons even when they shed the documentation and the garb.

Well that's confusing.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Rosebud wrote:You swiped first in this conversation. I was not going against my own advice.

Your perception of my man hate speaks more about you than it does of me. Accusations of man hate are one of the common first defenses that come up when messages like mine are read. You don't have enough information about me to have anything more than an impression that is based on you.

Well, if it makes you feel any better I've been labelled a misogynist, racist, and a few other things. These things happen during discussions. I do think you fundamentally dislike men writ large, though. You're probably justified in your position as much as I am not liking most people all that much.

Rosebud wrote:If its balance you're looking for, there will need to be more posts like mine, not fewer.

I agree. I hope you continue to post because it's an interesting take on the world around us.

Rosebud wrote:Try to read this board from a woman's perspective.

I'm not sure I can do that outside what women post. I'm a cis-gendered, White, male, fussypants and that's that. But I'm always willing to read other perspectives because I dislike echo chambers.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Rosebud wrote:Try to read this board from a woman's perspective.

I know you meant that for Doc but I'm going to butt in anyway because, well, that's what this woman does.

The best I can do, Rosebud, is to try seeing it from your particular woman's perspective, because it's definitely different from this particular woman's perspective. :cool:

But like Doc said, "I hope you continue to post because it's an interesting take on the world around us."