Mormons Teach That the Christian God is Satan

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Re: Mormons Teach That the Christian God is Satan

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

huckelberry wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:...
- Doc
I am somewhat inclined to think the story was intended to insult Moabites.
Blessed by God because of children? Well God is liberal with that. How many times has God sinned by allowing poorly advised sexual intercourse to result in children? Quite a few times I would gather looking about the world.
one of that few is the story of ruth
ruth was a moabite widow of elimelech, later married - and was known (known is the euphemism for f_cked) by boaz

Ruth 3 wrote:3. Wash thyself therefore, and anoint thee, and put thy raiment upon thee, and get thee down to the floor: but make not thyself known unto the man, until he shall have done eating and drinking.
4. And it shall be, when he lieth down, that thou shalt mark the place where he shall lie, and thou shalt go in, and uncover his feet, and lay thee down; and he will tell thee what thou shalt do.
clear words... "he will tell thee what thou shalt do"

Ruth 4 wrote:13. So Boaz took Ruth, and she was his wife: and when he went in unto her, the LORD gave her conception, and she bare a son.
clear words as well... "he went in unto her"

Ruth 4 wrote:17. And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed: he is the father of Jesse, the father of David.
18. Now these are the generations of Pharez: Pharez begat Hezron,
19. And Hezron begat Ram, and Ram begat Amminadab,
20. And Amminadab begat Nahshon, and Nahshon begat Salmon,
21. And Salmon begat Boaz, and Boaz begat Obed,
22. And Obed begat Jesse, and Jesse begat David.
so, the damned moabite has became grandmother of david
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

huckelberry wrote:Doc , I am not going to try to talk you into liking the rather screwy story.
I am somewhat inclined to think the story was intended to insult Moabites. It also includes emphasis on how bad those Sodem folks were. God saved Lot from them and Lot is over and over a moral dunce. I really doubt Jewish hearers of the story would have thought other than that Lot is a chuckle head.

I mean if it didn't cross your mind that Lot was morally dense when he offered the girls to the mob then the final episode with him being a clown should convince you.

Maybe one should be reminded that like polygamy, just because somebody with a name in the Old Testament did something it might be well not to assume that it must be a good idea.

Blessed by God because of children? Well God is liberal with that. How many times has God sinned by allowing poorly advised sexual intercourse to result in children? Quite a few times I would gather looking about the world.

While I agree with your assessment the story is probably a dig at other tribes, because if Seinfeld taught us anything those Jews have a wry sense of humor! Amiright?!

Look. We have to take the Bible at face value because others, like Servant, take it at face value. It's clear God wanted to save Lot and raise up seed. That's what He does. If history has taught us one thing God really wants to raise up some seed. Loves it. The best seed. Huge seed.

Where did the girls get the wine? Where did they make it? Why did God torch Sodom, blind men, turn a woman into salt, and send angels? It's because He wanted the peeps to do His bidding. What does this story tell us? Why weren't Lot and his appalachian-esque family (I'm looking at you Majax18) torched or otherwise destroyed? Because God wanted them to raise up some seed! They did His bidding, to include drunken cave incest! The girls were blessed with brother-sons. Who facilitated all of this? God did. He literally preserved them so they could have some seriously screwed up daddy daughter time.

And Servant is hung up on an angel telling Joseph Smith to giggity other women. :rolling eyes hard:

- Doc
Last edited by Guest on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Post by _JLHPROF »

Sanctorian wrote:They need to teach this stuff in sunday school.

That would make for interesting lessons. :biggrin:
Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. - Joseph Smith