Nauvoo Today and Emma Smith

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Nauvoo Today and Emma Smith

Post by _aussieguy55 »

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10. ... 16.1227634

Emma’s Willow: Historical Anxiety, Mormon Pilgrimage and Nauvoo’s Mater Dolorosa
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_grindael
_Emeritus

Re: Nauvoo Today and Emma Smith

Post by _grindael »

This is a great read.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Very informative. Demonstrates the different tactics of the two religions in presenting Mormoron history.

The one, bold faced lying, the other informative truth to be sorted out by the recipient.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

I read all of this with great interest and with a love not only for history itself but love as one loves a loss and towards the end I cried a little. For Emma. The very thought that the only thing she would want to change about the past was herself..I thought ..was so hurtful and deceiving in a way of how she must have perceived herself and the times she shared with Joseph That anyone would be able to justify her husband's deceit and the storms that it caused would only blame her for her nature and those horrible human attributes like envy...is placed on this woman..who in some sort of remorse still feels she is not redeemable.

I kind of wish the story would change to BY appearing to Merril Osmond..and tell him..I screwed up!!

Thank you for this..the willow tree is beautiful.