LDS Inc telling members to stop proselytizing at work???

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

LDS Inc telling members to stop proselytizing at work???

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

This video released today seems to indicate that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xW8lQb0wJZY

Note the coffee drinking atheist in the beginning.

Even though they use a photo of "Mormon Jesus" on his cubical wall, they portray this guy simply as a devout Christian. No mention of being a Mormon.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Abaddon
_Emeritus

Re: LDS Inc telling members to stop proselytizing at work???

Post by _Abaddon »

Just kiss already.

The sexual tension between those two dudes at the end is intense.
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Aw, poor little STUPID damned MORMORON, can't interrupt work with his religious beliefs or practices.

STUPID idiot, work is for work.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Yes, by making and circulating that video, LDS Inc is telling its members not to proselytize at work. No other interpretation is possible.

It is also telling them that they have the right not to be mocked or harassed at work simply for being Mormons.

Who would have a problem with either of those positions?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Our office had to establish a NO RELIGION policy because of the STUPID damned MORMORONS.

As I have related in the past, we have several STUPID damned MORMORONS in the office who would want time off to perform Religious Duties (Temple day, Cannery assignments, Weddings, etc.) without using a sick or vacation day. Given that our owner was a MORMORON himself they were granted. However, if the rest of us wanted a non-charged day, we were not allowed. We could not even get time off for OUR volunteer/charity work.

When we were bought out, this all stopped. The STUPID damned MORMORONS were irate. The new owners had a zero free for anything non company sponsored policy. They also instituted a NO RELIGION on the premises policy. No Crosses, No Bibles, No Praying, No Proselyting, NOTHING. The STUPID damned MORMORONS brought up that this discriminated against them. The company lawyer pointed out that their religious views were not being discriminated against since the policy was for everyone. He further pointed out that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 does not mandate that religious practices be accommodated at the work place only that "IF" possible arrangement could be made. He further stated that Utah is a Right to Work State.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

Amazing! So when my boss opens a company meeting with a prayer...

Also, I love how they talk about separating church and state. Maybe they should practice what they preach.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Maxrep
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxrep »

Outside of the Mormon corridor, members are much more subdued with regards to performing religious thrusting at work.

They become timid when havining to go it alone in a non lds community. For example, in elders quorum, them men have kind of agreed that they are all going to be dumb together. With this, every fantastic idea or belief sounds reasonable to the very agreeable audience. At work or socially, Mormons in the non western states experience a sort of empathetic listening as they speak. They begin to understand how they sound to non members, and this perspectives does turn off the member missionary agenda quite well.
I don't expect to see same-sex marriage in Utah within my lifetime. - Scott Lloyd, Oct 23 2013
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:This video released today seems to indicate that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xW8lQb0wJZY

Note the coffee drinking atheist in the beginning.

Even though they use a photo of "Mormon Jesus" on his cubical wall, they portray this guy simply as a devout Christian. No mention of being a Mormon.

Wow. That video is seriously cringe-y. It was like watching a bad parody of "The Office."
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

cinepro wrote:
Wow. That video is seriously cringe-y. It was like watching a bad parody of "The Office."

Seriously, it reminded me of this video. https://youtu.be/I62_Kf9615k
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

Sanctorian wrote:
cinepro wrote:

Seriously, it reminded me of this video. https://youtu.be/I62_Kf9615k

Or this one...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLKgvjqdixc