Night Lion, what is required to join your church?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Re: Night Lion, what is required to join your church?

Post by _Nightlion »

I have a question wrote:
Nightlion wrote:Nobody I recall was earnest enough to launch into a 30 day fast.

I've obviously been misunderstanding what the word 'earnest' means...

ear·nest1
ˈərnəst/
adjective
adjective: earnest

resulting from or showing sincere and intense conviction.
"an earnest student"
synonyms: serious, solemn, grave, sober, humorless, staid, intense; More
committed, dedicated, keen, diligent, zealous;
thoughtful, cerebral, deep, profound
"he is dreadfully earnest"
devout, heartfelt, wholehearted, sincere, impassioned, fervent, ardent, intense, urgent
"earnest prayer"
antonyms: frivolous, apathetic, halfhearted

Origin
Old English eornoste (adjective), eornost (noun), of Germanic origin; related to German Ernst (noun).

Honest in heart. Acting no hypocrisy. Not thinking they are already good with God while doing only violence to his commandments.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Nightlion;

Well I'm not surprised you are unwilling to actually address my inquiries.

I'd just like to point out to those whom hold NL in high esteem here, all's fun and games until someone gets a eye shot out.

And the levels of devotion and the high promises of dreams, visions and revelation, only obtainable by years of sacrifice can and will drive gaping, weeping wounds, which never fully heal, deep into the souls of those who exercise the greatest faith they can muster, only to inevitably fail. Like NL's one candidate that he will not talk about.

And just like the 15 downtown NL despises, he is no different in making promises for a God who will never back him up. As they have quit making promises, NL has become even worse in still promising the most glorious metaphysical experiences from the god of his visions and dreams.

Perhaps you should repent of the damage done to that man you promised and showed the way to his BoF.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

RockSlider wrote:Nightlion;

Well I'm not surprised you are unwilling to actually address my inquiries.

I'd just like to point out to those whom hold NL in high esteem here, all's fun and games until someone gets a eye shot out.

And the levels of devotion and the high promises of dreams, visions and revelation, only obtainable by years of sacrifice can and will drive gaping, weeping wounds, which never fully heal, deep into the souls of those who exercise the greatest faith they can muster, only to inevitably fail. Like NL's one candidate that he will not talk about.

And just like the 15 downtown NL despises, he is no different in making promises for a God who will never back him up. As they have quit making promises, NL has become even worse in still promising the most glorious metaphysical experiences from the god of his visions and dreams.

Perhaps you should repent of the damage done to that man you promised and showed the way to his BoF.

This, surrounded with a border of flashing neon lights.

We need to recall that the only reason that it is possible to see Nightlion as a harmless eccentric who plays guitar, sees pictures in mountains, and rants a bit is that he has no disciples whatsoever.

Just imagine what we would be saying if there really was a small group of people whose lives he was directing as their prophet, thirty-day fasts and all. I don't think we would find him in the slightest bit funny. That kind of thing never, ever ends well.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.