Calling Thayne, Can I Help With NOM?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Re: Calling Thayne, Can I Help With NOM?

Post by _deacon blues »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mayan Elephant wrote:I think it would be best for someone to just start a new board.

Au contraire, it would be best for all of them to come here.

This is an entertaining and informative board, but NOM felt like a ward to me. It was a place where people could open up emotionally. :cry: No offense to this board intended. :smile:
_reflexzero
_Emeritus

Post by _reflexzero »

I always thought one day I'd graduate from casually posting on NOM to casually posting on here.

Achievement unlocked!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

reflexzero wrote:I always thought one day I'd graduate from casually posting on NOM to casually posting on here.

Achievement unlocked!

Welcome!

Back on topic: I checked Facebook and realized I hadn't interacted with Thayne for over a year.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Corsair
_Emeritus

Post by _Corsair »

StarbucksMom wrote:I was mostly lurking as of late, but I was SBClosetMom at NOM. I am so sad that it disappeared! What are we all supposed to do next weekend? The General Conference threads were epic. I am relieved to have seen many familiar posters here in the last few weeks, can someone contact Corsair and Red Ryder and some others ask them to join us on Mormon Discussions??? Please.

I posted this am on the reddit thread that says something like "NOM site is down!" and asked NOMs to meet back up here.

I feel like I may be late to the party on this thread, but I'm here now.
_Hagoth
_Emeritus

Post by _Hagoth »

Hi Corsair!
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” - Mark Twain
_DPRoberts
_Emeritus

Post by _DPRoberts »

Good to see some of my favorite NOMmies!

I am very concerned that we could lose the NOM archive. I think that is an incomparable knowledge base for those struggling with the issues that go with disaffection. And an amazing community to go with it. What do you need, Thayne, to get this back up? Whatever it takes, I am sure there are plenty who are willing and able to help.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Is it possible to get a database of NOMS who post on MDB with user names?

Example

NOM user name = cwald

MDB user name = cwald
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Hagoth
_Emeritus

Post by _Hagoth »

I guess someone (hint) could start a thread to that effect.

for what it's worth:

NOM user name = Hagoth

MDB user name = Hagoth
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” - Mark Twain
_Madison54
_Emeritus

Post by _Madison54 »

MDB user name = Madison54

I don't post on MD&D, but read there.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Allieoop! OMG. That brings back memories.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson