It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What Happened to S.P.A.M.?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:11 pm 
Dragon

Whatever happened to Greg West and S.P.A.M. - The Society for the Prevention of Anti-Mormonism? They were the "Anti-Police" for many years... I only could find this from 2013... http://framreport.blogspot.com/

I guess they found they were "feeding the weeds" too much. Here is what he writes at "the end of the line"...
Quote:
This is the end of the line. I have decided to shut down the FRAM Report. I've been running it since 2009 with a few breaks in between. Two or three times, I've set it aside and moved on to other things, only to have some new development pull me back in. Thus, I've learned never to say never, but it's time to give it a rest.

We started out just tracking numbers of anti-Mormon posts and we embarrassed Jim Robinson. We watched as he banned the Mormon Caucus and purged Mormons from the site. We identified the haters and published their pseudonyms. We made our point numerically: Free Republic was being used as a platform by anti-Mormons to bash the Church and its members with the support of its owner, Jim Robinson. The last few months have seen our posts degenerate into a tit-for-tat response to the seemingly endless attacks of their one primary, one-topic poster: Colofornian. We have demonstrated how obsessive, hateful, dishonest, and uninformed she actually is. There is no more doubt and there is nothing more to say on the matter.

The number one attribute of anti-Mormons is obsessiveness. They can't not be anti=Mormon. They're so full of hate that they can't let it go. That's not the case here. As my Internet pal Timothy Berman used the phrase in a different context recently, it's time to stop "feeding the weeds." Life is full of too many wonderful blessings to continually focus on anti-Mormonism.

What a list of accomplishments!

"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".

Post subject: Re: What Happened to S.P.A.M.?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:17 pm 
God

And whatever happened to the Mormon Defence League that became Mormon Voices...?

http://mormonvoices.org

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:18 pm 
God

Quote:

The number one attribute of anti-Mormons is obsessiveness. They can't not be anti=Mormon. They're so full of hate that they can't let it go. That's not the case here. As my Internet pal Timothy Berman used the phrase in a different context recently, it's time to stop "feeding the weeds." Life is full of too many wonderful blessings to continually focus on anti-Mormonism.

So much irony in a small paragraph!

"Joseph's book is a great deal more useful to a student of the intellectual preoccupations and the folkways of New York State in the third decade of the nineteenth century than to a scholar who would reconstruct the pre-Columbian history of America."
Dale Morgan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:19 pm 
Dragon

Doesn't look like they stopped anything about Mormonism on the Free Republic site... http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/searc ... &find=Find

"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:20 pm 
God

Fence Sitter wrote:
Quote:

So much irony in a small paragraph!

Isn't Timothy Berman the erotic fiction writer?

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:21 pm 
God

S.P.A.M is another site from which I was banned for simply mentioning a few things about Mormonism that were/are absolutely true and widely recognized as such.

As I recall, Bro. West had a hard time accepting the fact that Mormonism, at its very core, is virulently anti-science.

Oh well.

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:28 pm 
Dragon

Runtu wrote:

Isn't Timothy Berman the erotic fiction writer?

He is now singing "acapella". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2stcRpVQRWs