The Church Could Use More Members Like Lt. Gov. Spencer Cox

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: The Church Could Use More Members Like Lt. Gov. Spencer

Post by _Lemmie »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Ceeboo wrote:
You strongly agree that the DS church (LDS leaders - Mormons) are absolutely complicit in this murder and are guilty as hell of this recent and horrific mass murder in Orlando?

Peace,
Ceeboo

I agree with Dr. W's entire post. My response indicated exactly that.

Ceeboo wrote:Okay - Got it.
DrW wrote:
Jersey Girl, Just Me, and Drs. Cam, Steuss and Lemmie,
Seems as though our good friend and nevermo Ceeboo may be feeling a bit disoriented about now. For him it must be sort of like crossing over (or wondering) into the Twilight Zone - as imagined by religious conservatives.

I agree! I really try not to use the 'you weren't there so you don't understand,' explanation too often, but there really is a full out craziness in certain areas of an lds background that is so outside the realm of normality that I'm willing to give Ceeboo a pass.
[This time, happy cow, this time. :cool: You're lucky you're so lovable. :cool: :cool: ]

Jersey Girl seems to have a better feel for the Happy Shades version of the Twilight Zone in some of our backgrounds, but she's put a lot of time into exploring it and of course, NightLion is her cousin. Maybe it's genetic. :biggrin:
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ooooooo, I forgot Ceeboo identifies as religious. There must be some sort of proxy indignity happening right now, I suppose. What I don't get is why is it many other religious organizations can mirror LtGov What's-His-Face's sentiments, but for some reason some here feel the Kingdom of Gosh on Earth, based in America, simply can't be bothered to offer any sort of insight or moral guidance, when clearly it's affected the national spirit.

- Doc
Last edited by Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Okay, everybody sit down, be quiet and listen to me. If you can actually hear me, you have more problems than I alone can solve.

This is what I see going on here and no, I'm not trying to take digs at anyone. If I wanted to take digs at someone, I'd study the thread more carefully and toss it out there.

A little perspective taking is needed. These topics are emotionally fueled for some folks because they've had in real life relevant experience with them. There are folks on this board who have been unjustly damaged by their membership in the church. That is to say, some of the issues cut clear to the bone.

In order for some folks, let's be honest I'm talking about Lemmie right now, to lend strength to their "having been there" cred, that would mean that they have to divulge personal details and run the risk of further psychological/emotional harm at the hands of those here who would misuse those details, make light of them or even mock them.

I can't tell you how many times I refrain from putting myself out there on this board because I don't want to subject myself to those possibilities. But hey, I recently posted about my childhood, it's all true so eff it.

Here's the other thing. If I put myself in Lemmie's position and view the posts that have been made by Ceeboo on this thread, I would take them as a slap in the face. I don't think, for a single second, that Ceeboo ever intends to project that in his posts, but I do think that's the effect they have. I think his intention is to project good will, but that's not how it comes across in a thread like this.

Ceeboo, when someone is discussing real life traumatic events such as the outright massacre in Orlando or alluding to their own real life and relevant traumatic events at the hands of the LDS church and you post humorous gif's and constantly parrot what they say by posing questions about it, it hurts people because it doesn't look like you're taking them seriously when these are serious issues.

If the topic were suicide survivorship and you plastered humorous gif's and smilie faces all over it, I'd tell you to eff off in a New York minute and I'm surprised that Lemmie has handled it with more grace than I ever would have.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Bonified wrote:Not every horrific event is an opportunity to impugn your enemies. This had f*** all to do with the LDS church, the NRA or republicans. Trying to make it otherwise is ghoulish opportunism.

http://www.kcci.com/news/christians-don ... r/40110842

Christians donate money to repair broken window at gay bar

"They were incredibly supportive and nice and told us we matter in their community too," one witness said. "My heart was touched tonight. We need more people like this around."

These Christians, who had fuckall to do with the vandalism, showed the Gay bar owner a really nice gesture. I wonder why a religious organization would take an opportunity to shepherd someone within the community? I'm damned flummoxed right now.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Jersey Girl wrote:Here's the other thing. If I put myself in Lemmie's position and view the posts that have been made by Ceeboo on this thread, I would take them as a slap in the face.

If the topic were suicide survivorship and you plastered humorous gif's and smilie faces all over it, I'd tell you to eff off in a New York minute and I'm surprised that Lemmie has handled it with more grace than I ever would have.

Ouch!

Peace,
Ceeboo