By their fruits shall ye know them.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Re: By their fruits shall ye know them.

Post by _CameronMO »

Ceeboo wrote:Hey NL! :smile:

Nightlion wrote:I just stated the theme and said Joseph did more to promote the salvation of men in this world than any other 'man' who has ever lived in it.

Peace,
Ceeboo

Love the .gif! :lol:

It's true, Mr. Ceeboo.

History of the Church, vol. 6, pp. 408-409 wrote:God is in the still small voice. In all these affidavits, indictments, it is all of the devil--all corruption. Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet.
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

I ran away from Joseph Smith. He is a disgusting human being.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Post by _deacon blues »

I believe that without Joseph Smith there would be no FLDS marrying pre-pubescent girls. That is one example of the "fruits" that come from Joseph Smith. Another is the scripture- sanctioned (Book of Abraham) priesthood ban. I have been accused of just seeing the negative.

However................

I am walking away from Joseph Smith and I intend to keep my distance, until some of his successors can give me some straight answers. :sad:
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

deacon blues wrote:Matt 24:24 speaks of false prophets deceiving the very elect, and Matt. 7:15-16 says false prophets shall be known by their fruits. What fruits could or should we consider as we decide what kind of prophet Joseph Smith was?

Only the good ones, of course. You have to understand that in the lost 57 pages of the JST Joseph correctly fixed this verse to what the Lord originally intended, which was "and by his good fruits only shall you know that Joseph Smith, Jr. was my true prophet. All that other stuff is irrelevant, and involves judgments biased by lack of context, presentism, and lack of understanding of the true mind of God, so that they cannot possibly tell what I, the Lord, would or would not command Joseph to do."
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

Nightlion wrote:A true prophet must be able to teach a gospel that obeys the commandments of Christ such that following his teachings the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost

No wonder you have zero baptisms.

Who would want to be baptized in fire? :lol: :lol: :lol:
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !