Religion is disappointing

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Religion is disappointing

Post by _Sanctorian »

I've been watching The Story of God with Morgan Freeman on the Natgeo channel. Seeing Muslims called to prayer five times a day, a Hinduism gathering, Jewish people at the wailing wall or Christians in the tens of thousands attending a Joel Osteen sermon at his mega church makes me notice how big a waste of time and resources religion is. Little has changed in the thousands of years since man started looking for a higher being to give them purpose and yet, people still do it religiously :cool: .
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Religion is disappointing

Post by _moksha »

If those guys wearing a beanie with a little black box on top were not swaying back and forth at the wailing wall, they would just be on the street and you know what that means.

Whatever gives meaning and solace to one's existence seems to be justification by itself. Hopefully, at the end of the day, no one got hurt. Just be glad you are not a Whirling Dervish with a bad sense of balance.

by the way, that is a good series and can be watched on the National Geographics website.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Re: Religion is disappointing

Post by _sock puppet »

moksha wrote:Whatever gives meaning and solace to one's existence seems to be justification by itself. Hopefully, at the end of the day, no one got hurt.

As long as they lard this onto any child--even those which they gave birth to or adopted--I think people are getting hurt.