Have you ever seen a non wealthy Bishop or Stake President?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moinmoin
_Emeritus

Re: Have you ever seen a non wealthy Bishop or Stake Preside

Post by _moinmoin »

I'm a bishop (2nd time), and a public school teacher. My wife is a homemaker, and I have four children. I wouldn't call us wealthy. :smile:

Our stake president is a truck driver with eight children. He isn't wealthy, either . . . :wink:
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

moinmoin wrote:I'm a bishop (2nd time), and a public school teacher. My wife is a homemaker, and I have four children. I wouldn't call us wealthy. :smile:

Our stake president is a truck driver with eight children. He isn't wealthy, either . . . :wink:

Don't be modest: do you have better than average organization and people skills?
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

sock puppet wrote:
moinmoin wrote:I'm a bishop (2nd time), and a public school teacher. My wife is a homemaker, and I have four children. I wouldn't call us wealthy. :smile:

Don't be modest: do you have better than average organization and people skills?

Or does your wife?
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

My stake president is a high school PE teacher.

But having said that, he sure lives in a nice house . . .
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

consiglieri wrote:My stake president is a high school PE teacher.

:eek: you don't live in Armenia do you??!!!
_moinmoin
_Emeritus

Post by _moinmoin »

sock puppet wrote:Don't be modest: do you have better than average organization and people skills?

Better than average? Sure.

Lemmie:
Or does your wife?

Way better than average. :smile:
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

I've seen Bishops and Stake Presidents with very humble lives.
They tend to be better at fulfilling the spirit of the calling rather than the bureaucracy of it.

I've yet to see an Apostle living in humble means prior to their call.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Lemmie wrote:
consiglieri wrote:My stake president is a high school PE teacher.

:eek: you don't live in Armenia do you??!!!

(I hope you got my joke, consig. The Armenian lds stake pres not only got axed but the stake disbanded recently due to some type of financial improprieties.)
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

I have a question wrote:
I've yet to see an Apostle living in humble means prior to their call.

The only possible exception I know to this was Matthew Cowley who used to joke that it was lucky he got called as a General Authority because he was just about to go on welfare.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Lemmie wrote:(I hope you got my joke, consig. The Armenian lds stake pres not only got axed but the stake disbanded recently due to some type of financial improprieties.)

Thanks for putting a fine point on it for me, because I wasn't sure where you were going with that.

(I hate it when a joke has to be explained to me.) :rolleyes: