BYU just got Bigger (link)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

BYU just got Bigger (link)

Post by _Mormonicious »

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=39514921&nid=14 ... yu-for-25m

Brigham Young University will purchase the current Provo High School property and grounds for $25 million, officials announced Tuesday.

The Provo City School District Board of Education voted to approve the sale of the 25 acres Tuesday morning. The decision was unanimous, according to the school district.

“Several interested and qualified buyers expressed interest in the property over the last several months,” Provo School Board President Julie Rash said in a statement. “We are confident that we have reached the best arrangement for the students of Provo High and the community.”

While the new Provo High School is under construction, BYU will lease the current school grounds and facility to the school district. Provo School District will be able to use the property rent-free for 30 months, as part of the agreement.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_grindael
_Emeritus

Re: BYU just got Bigger (link)

Post by _grindael »

And more girls will get raped and their rapists will go unpunished. But they will all look well groomed.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

grindael wrote:And more girls will get raped and their rapists will go unpunished. But they will all look well groomed.

As I understand it, the 25 Acres are going to be planted in trees with trails for the rapist to use.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Symmachus
_Emeritus

Post by _Symmachus »

I'm sure most people here are just bothered that it's BYU doing this, but I think this is yet another sad example of the way that public property and public resources are rapidly being handed over to private interests throughout the country. One of my favorite places in Provo was the old tabernacle (Rachmaninoff and Horowitz played there, for Christ's sake!), and I was so sad to when it was destroyed by fire. I was sickened, though, when God's vultures swooped down on the ashes to reclaim what had been public for their own very private ends. The only thing that is different about Provo as opposed to any other place in America is that the Church is private interest leaching from the public.
"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."

—B. Redd McConkie