It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gay Parents just as good for kids as straight ones - study
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:20 am 
God

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/15/healt ... ended_pool

Quote:
A new study in the Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics finds that the kids really are all right. Despite the ongoing cultural debate around same-sex parenting, the new study finds the children of same-sex parents are just as healthy emotionally and physically as the children of different-sex parents.

Quote:
The study found that there were no differences in the children when it came to their general health, their emotional difficulties, their coping behaviors and their learning behaviors. What the study found to be more indicative predictors of these behaviors were the relationships between the parents, the parents and child, and parenting stress.

“{The Church} stated that it was unreasonable to believe the church could have foreseen what child psychology experts and the state's legal system did not.” The Church publicly disavowing of the spirit of discernment in court.

Post subject: Re: Gay Parents just as good for kids as straight ones - stu
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:10 pm 
God

Obvious Liberal Tripe.

For anyone to push a belief that a same gender stable, loving, fostering parental/child relationship is more important than a opposite gender hate filled abusive parental/child relationship is just utter nonsense.

Homo loving Liberals!!!!!

I don't heed advise, dietary practices, criticism, moral guidance, social causes, political views or job advice from someone who worships a man who had sexual relations with little girls and other men's wives. https://www.LDS.org/topics/plural-marri ... o?lang=eng

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:49 pm 
God

Quote:
A new study in the Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics finds that the kids really are all right. Despite the ongoing cultural debate around same-sex parenting, the new study finds the children of same-sex parents are just as healthy emotionally and physically as the children of different-sex parents.

But they are not as spiritually healthy because they can't be baptized into the one and only true church. What good does emotional and physical health do when you are going to hell?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:18 pm 
God

Common sense says that nature works - by natural means, we all came to exist by a sperm from a man and an egg form a woman.
And legitimate research as to how children need a mother and father for optimal psychological and social health, reflects that we need a mother and father. Mothers and fathers are BOTH needed for creation or optimal development.

"The new research, scheduled to be published in the February issue of the British Journal of Education, Society & Behavioural Science, is based on a random population sample less prone to bias. Sullins used a massive database of information on U.S. households known as the National Health Interview Survey, administered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The database included information on 1.6 million people (including children) interviewed between 1997 and 2013. It included 2,751 cohabiting same-sex couples (447 of those couples were married). Of these, Sullins analyzed 512 same-sex couples who had a child under the age of 18 living in the home.

About 1 in 4 children from same-sex households were likely to visit a mental health professional at some point, compared to about 1 in 5 children from opposite-sex households, after adjusting for factors of race, age, sex, parental income and education. Among children in same-sex households, about 17 percent experienced serious emotional problems, and about 19 percent experienced developmental problems like ADHD or learning disabilities, compared with 7 percent and 10 percent of children in opposite-sex households, respectively."

http://www.worldmag.com/2015/02/same_se ... t_the_same

"According to data from the New Family Structures Study, led by Mark Regnerus at the University of Texas at Austin, children raised by homosexual parents are dramatically more likely than peers raised by married heterosexual parents to suffer from a host of social problems. Among them are strong tendencies, as adults, to exhibit poor impulse control; suffer from depression and thoughts of suicide; need mental health therapy; identify themselves as homosexual; choose cohabitation; be unfaithful to partners; contract sexually transmitted diseases; be sexually molested; have lower income levels; drink to get drunk; and smoke tobacco and marijuana."
http://www.markregnerus.com/uploads/4/0 ... 12_ssr.pdf

Mothers' and Fathers' Socializing Behaviors in Three Contexts: Links With Children's Peer Competence.
http://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ563106
Why Children Need a Mother and a Father

http://billmuehlenberg.com/2010/10/18/w ... -a-father/

Child of lesbian couple speaks out against gay marriage
"The so-called “consensus” by psychologists and pediatricians on the soundness of same-sex parenting is, Lopez writes, “frankly bogus.” The truth is, there is no data to support that assertion."
http://www.dennyburk.com/child-of-lesbi ... -marriage/

[u] Adults Raised by Gay Couples Speak Out Against Gay ‘Marriage’ in Federal Court

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/laurett ... eral-court

“Every child need a mum” – A gay man speaks out against gay marriage"[/u]
“I don’t want to see children being engineered for same-sex couples where there is either a mom missing or a dad missing,” Mainwaring explained. “Somebody needs to stand up for the rights and needs of children in an age when the selfishness of adults seems to be trumping those rights.”
http://ynaija.com/every-child-need-a-mu ... -marriage/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:47 pm 
God

Considering overwhelming data proving the obvious: that children need both a mother and father, why is it so many are fooled to believe otherwise?
And why are so many led to believe that homosexuality is gay happy rainbows - when statistically, it proves to be associated with STDs, AIDS/HIV and mental illness - besides anal sex risks?
Why is it that some otherwise logical people can insist that emotional reasoning (which homosexual "marriage" is based on) is all that is necessary for law and ethics?

Be prepared to feel fooled - almost as fooled as you did when you realized all of the lies you fell for regarding the LDS church.

"The homosexual propaganda campaign in America's media

The powerful, sophisticated psychological techniques that the homosexual movement has used to manipulate the public in the media.

If you think that the radical changes in the minds of Americans -- and in your own mind -- about homosexuality in the last decade are an accident, you must read the section below.

From the 1989 book, "After the Ball - How America will conquer its fear and hatred of Gays in the 90s" (Penguin Books) which immediately became a beacon for the then-emerging homosexual movement.

Building on the basic strategies outlined in Marshall Kirk's groundbreaking 1987 article, "The Overhauling of Straight America", this book puts forth the very sophisticated psychological persuasion and propaganda mass media techniques that we've all seen and been affected by over the years -- but never understood what was happening.

Kirk is a researcher in neuropsychiatry. The book describes his co-author Hunter Madsen as having received a doctorate in Politics from Harvard in 1985 and an expert on public persuasion tactics and social marketing, who has designed commercial advertising on Madison Avenue and served as a consultant to gay media campaigns across the country, and appears frequently on national media as an advocate for gay rights.

A founding work of the modern homosexual movement, this book covers a wide discussion of tactics and observations relating to the homosexual movement. But the overall main psychological strategies are well summarized in a ten-page section (pp. 147-157) titled "Pushing the right buttons: halting, derailing, or reversing the 'engine of prejudice'". Reprinted below, this is the meat of the book which has been re-used and referred to by the homosexual movement countless times.

It discusses (1) Desensitization, (2) Jamming, and (3) Conversion.

Of particular note is their tactical device throughout the book of referring to religious dissenters and other critics of homosexual behavior as "bigots." Their language is purposefully crude to enhance that idea. Much like the "big lie" theory developed in the 1920s and 1930s by the Nazis, the constant repetition of this eventually has the desired psychological effect on masses of people."

Makes you wonder if they have studied Mormon mind control tactics.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:33 pm 
God

Quote:
Considering overwhelming data proving the obvious: that children need both a mother and father, why is it so many are fooled to believe otherwise?

This is just a false assertion. This study falls in line with the typical research pattern that does not find worse outcomes for those who are raised by same-sex parents when controlled for other variables. That's why it is necessary for you to quote fundamentalist Christian sources instead of metaanalysis of respected research.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:39 pm 
God

Here's a link demonstrating Amore has been exposed to how deceptive the Regnerus material is that she quotes again on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35480&p=842982&hilit=regnerus#p842982

Yet she persists. The real question is does she think it is Ok to be dishonest if it advances her religious aims? Is dishonesty a virtue in her religious worldview?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:55 pm 
God

I wish I had more time or cared more about this. Someone here asked me to respond to the adult children of gays that are represented in the links below. I started a response and then the poster seemed to disappear so I dropped it.

This link:

Amore wrote:

Child of lesbian couple speaks out against gay marriage
"The so-called “consensus” by psychologists and pediatricians on the soundness of same-sex parenting is, Lopez writes, “frankly bogus.” The truth is, there is no data to support that assertion."
http://www.dennyburk.com/child-of-lesbi ... -marriage/

Is about a person named in this link:

Quote:
[u] Adults Raised by Gay Couples Speak Out Against Gay ‘Marriage’ in Federal Court

If memory serves, some of the children were apparently abandoned by their birth parent and at least one was sexually abused by a parent and the abuse had nothing whatsoever to do with homosexuality. I'll look to see if I saved the post I was working on.

In short, what a child needs most is at least one parent that consistently meets their needs. That is to say, an adult who is consistently responsive to the child.

That's it folks.

(Of course according to Amore's posts, all the children of single parents and adopted children are screwed from the get go.)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:00 pm 
God

Don't have the post that I previously worked on. If you take the individuals that are named in this link:

Quote:
Adults Raised by Gay Couples Speak Out Against Gay ‘Marriage’ in Federal Court

You can search up their individual histories online like I did. If you do that, and bother to read each individual story, you'll see that there are other underlying issues going on for these folks. One of them, female, had to do with yearning for interaction with her own father who was absent. That is certainly not a feature of simply a child of gay parents. It's a feature for many children whose fathers were lost to them via abandonment/death/divorce.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:06 pm 
God

Here is Katy Faust. Find the link yourself.

Quote:
I identify with the instinct of those children to be protective of their gay parent. In fact, I’ve done it myself. I remember how many times I repeated my speech: “I’m so happy that my parents got divorced so that I could know all of you wonderful women.” I quaffed the praise and savored the accolades. The women in my mother’s circle swooned at my maturity, my worldliness. I said it over and over, and with every refrain my performance improved. It was what all the adults in my life wanted to hear. I could have been the public service announcement for gay parenting.

I cringe when I think of it now, because it was a lie. My parents’ divorce has been the most traumatic event in my thirty-eight years of life. While I did love my mother’s partner and friends, I would have traded every one of them to have my mom and my dad loving me under the same roof. This should come as no surprise to anyone who is willing to remove the politically correct lens that we all seem to have over our eyes.

Kids want their mother and father to love them, and to love each other. I have no bitterness toward either of my parents. On the contrary, I am grateful for a close relationship with them both and for the role they play in my children’s lives. But loving my parents and looking critically at the impact of family breakdown are not mutually exclusive.

Now that I am a parent, I see clearly the beautiful differences my husband and I bring to our family. I see the wholeness and health that my children receive because they have both of their parents living with and loving them. I see how important the role of their father is and how irreplaceable I am as their mother. We play complementary roles in their lives, and neither of us is disposable. In fact, we are both critical. It’s almost as if Mother Nature got this whole reproduction thing exactly right.
FULL: Dear Justice Kennedy: An Open Letter from the Child of a Loving Gay Parent [Public Discourse]

The part that I underlined could be said by ANY child of divorce. It has not a damn thing to do with her mother's life partner. It has to do with her parents divorce.

Read it for what it says, people. I mean, Amore.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:19 pm 
God

Amore wrote:
Common sense says that nature works - by natural means, we all came to exist by a sperm from a man and an egg form a woman.
And legitimate research as to how children need a mother and father for optimal psychological and social health, reflects that we need a mother and father. Mothers and fathers are BOTH needed for creation or optimal development.

Amore, you know what I might not be in the best mood here on account of the fact that I've been snowed in for three days straight, but you couldn't think your way out of a wet paper bag that was already partially ripped open with just a quarter of an inch left to go on it and with me yanking it apart from both sides for you, on this topic.

Yes, we came to exist via sperm/egg. What the hell does that have to do with gay parents? You realize, don't you, unless the child is adopted that the child DOES have a parent of both sexes available to them?

Tell me you know that, Amore. Tell me you looked past the blinking blazing neon sign flashing "GAY! GAY! GAY!" and understand that the child does have parents of both sexes and that the other parent didn't simply disappear when the other gay parent showed up.

You know that right?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:31 pm 
God

Amore wrote:
And why are so many led to believe that homosexuality is gay happy rainbows - when statistically, it proves to be associated with STDs, AIDS/HIV and mental illness - besides anal sex risks?
Why is it that some otherwise logical people can insist that emotional reasoning (which homosexual "marriage" is based on) is all that is necessary for law and ethics?

Be prepared to feel fooled - almost as fooled as you did when you realized all of the lies you fell for regarding the LDS church.

Okay, let's talk about fools.

Personally, I blame the heterosexual parents that groomed their kid to be gay so they'd grow up to become a gay parent (where the kid of the gay parent came from only god knows) so they could groom their kid to be gay and all sorts of ____ up because their gay parents are having sex in the kitchen during family dinners and ____, not to mention hot orgies.

Do you ever think at all, Amore? Tell me you think.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:54 pm 
God

As I predicted, it's like trying to tell a TBM that the church is not exactly what they think.
They engage in all kinds of logical fallacies and emotional reasoning.
They only look reasonable to each other - everyone else can see how illogical they are reacting.
They don't even want to look at any FACTS that make them feel uncomfortable.
They want to just continue believing what they want, no matter how much it conflicts with reality.

The only difference of this foolishness is that your own existence and human reproduction is too obvious to deny.

It just goes to show you can take a person out of a cult, but you can't take the cult out of a person.
Long live herd mentality - unfortunately.