Church has GA's by the purse strings and maybe more!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_kairos
_Emeritus

Church has GA's by the purse strings and maybe more!

Post by _kairos »

In the alleged GA Mickleson sex abuse thread, it was stated by the accuser Ron Karren that Mickleson was pulling down $160,000 per year as a GA-Seventy with quite some prestige by being connected to the Apostle Richard Scott as a son in law. The implication of course is that Mickleson had many years as a GA during which time if he had any worldly skills ,his age and the diminishing of his secular skill set would surely put him out in the cold if he ever denied the church or tried to slip out of its grasp. Surely the church had him by the gonads via the purse strings. EVERYTHING he had to sustain his family, lifestyle and personal ego is tied to the stipend. We know some GA's like a Huntman type does not need church $$ but think about it- I believe many depend on the stipend and the credit card for travel, conferences etc in doing work for the church.

What a brilliant idea- pay the GA's a goodly stipend and have them depend on the church for EVERYTHING- not many men will walk away even if Jesus came down and told them personally that the Morg is a total scam. It hurts when someone is squeezing you in the balls!

What do you think?

just askin'

k
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Re: Church has GA's by the purse strings and maybe more!

Post by _Sanctorian »

I would put social and family pressures above for most of these guys. Money probably keeps them willfully ignorant.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

kairos wrote:It hurts when someone is squeezing you in the balls!

Squeezing you in the balls, or squeezing you in the wallet?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Dr. Shades wrote:
kairos wrote:It hurts when someone is squeezing you in the balls!

Squeezing you in the balls, or squeezing you in the wallet?

Either way, makes your eyes water...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

Bump because someone out there has a clear and insightful thought about how much the apostles and GA's are beholden to the church because of the stipend, quite lucrative I believe- how can apostles without scrip or purse live in very nice upper class homes.

Above the thought of family and pride may be the paramont reason these guys stay and don't blow a whistle on the Mormon scam.

thanx
k
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

kairos wrote:GA Mickleson
Surely the church had him by the gonads via the purse strings. EVERYTHING he had to sustain his family, lifestyle and personal ego is tied to the stipend.
just askin'

k

Ohh ahh the purse...
... to carve statues of Christ with a royal crown, a tunic of purple and gold, and sumptuous sandals? In Avignon they display crucifixes where Christ is nailed by a single hand while the other touches a purse hanging from his belt, to indicate that he authorizes the use of money for religious ends. ...”
“Oh, how shameless!” Michael cried. “But this is outright blasphemy!”

Quote from where? Search!
- https://www.google.hu/search?hl=en&as_q ... as_rights= -
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei