Policy timing

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Policy timing

Post by _SteelHead »

Any chance the timing of the policy, after gc, is because one of the deceased apostles opposed this? And this is why they picked 3 white bread utah Mormons?
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Re: Policy timing

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

SteelHead wrote:Any chance the timing of the policy, after gc, is because one of the deceased apostles opposed this? And this is why they picked 3 white bread utah Mormons?

I can't imagine Uncle Richard approving of this. Just sayin'.
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _sock puppet »

SteelHead wrote:Any chance the timing of the policy, after gc, is because one of the deceased apostles opposed this? And this is why they picked 3 white bread utah Mormons?

I do think this is why they picked the 3 slices of Utah white bread, they wanted to fill their ranks with those that would just bow their heads and say "yes" to whatever Oaks wants. It's what I was getting at with this post.

As to the apostles that died in 2015, Packer, Perry and Scott, two died before the Supreme Court decision. Only Scott has died since, but he was quite ill as I understand since May, and I doubt was participating in the FP/12 decision making by the time the Supreme Court decision came down.

I suspect that this was being germinated since even before the Supreme Court decision, but they wanted to wait until they had replenished their ranks and had a full compliment of FP/12 before rolling this stinky turd out.

I also suspect that they intentionally waited until AFTER the October GC, so it would not cause protests outside the conference center and waited a month to try to make it look like it wasn't what it exactly was, something they were hoping to just slip into the Handbook.
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

sock puppet wrote:I do think this is why they picked the 3 slices of Utah white bread, they wanted to fill their ranks with those that would just bow their heads and say "yes" to whatever Oaks wants. It's what I was getting at with this post.

As to the apostles that died in 2015, Packer, Perry and Scott, two died before the Supreme Court decision. Only Scott has died since, but he was quite ill as I understand since May, and I doubt was participating in the FP/12 decision making by the time the Supreme Court decision came down.

I suspect that this was being germinated since even before the Supreme Court decision, but they wanted to wait until they had replenished their ranks and had a full compliment of FP/12 before rolling this stinky turd out.

I also suspect that they intentionally waited until AFTER the October GC, so it would not cause protests outside the conference center and waited a month to try to make it look like it wasn't what it exactly was, something they were hoping to just slip into the Handbook.

As with most multi-billion dollar corporations they know how to play politics.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

sock puppet wrote:

I do think this is why they picked the 3 slices of Utah white bread, they wanted to fill their ranks with those that would just bow their heads and say "yes" to whatever Oaks wants. It's what I was getting at with this post.

I still don't understand how they expected to just slip it into the Handbook. If they are planning on implementing the policy, they can't really keep it a secret.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _sock puppet »

sock puppet wrote:

Jesse Pinkman wrote:I still don't understand how they expected to just slip it into the Handbook. If they are planning on implementing the policy, they can't really keep it a secret.

I think it was a poor miscalculation that it could just be quietly rolled out by bishops and stake presidents. The FP/12 overestimate the loyalty and confidentiality of their bishops and stake presidents. It only took one to have leaked this information.

The reason I remain convinced they thought they could keep this on down low is that they did not take the first opportunity to put their spin on it, by having issued a carefully worded press release. That's public relations 101. This got out there, and the blowback came with a ferocity they did not anticipate, and so they had to quickly stage and then roll out the Otterson-Christofferson dog-and-pony "Q&A" show. They are reeling. They are in full-on defense mode. They've sustained serious damage that they did not anticipate.
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Sock Puppet wrote:The reason I remain convinced they thought they could keep this on down low is that they did not take the first opportunity to put their spin on it, by having issued a carefully worded press release. That's public relations 101. This got out there, and the blowback came with a ferocity they did not anticipate, and so they had to quickly stage and then roll out the Otterson-Christofferson dog-and-pony "Q&A" show. They are reeling. They are in full-on defense mode. They've sustained serious damage that they did not anticipate.

I think you're right, Sock. And, the worst thing is that they will try to pass this off as "nothing new". That is really what they have started to try to do. Christofferson said that this really wasn't a huge change in how they have been treating this situation. It is just more spelled out.

But they have not addressed any of the dual custody situations that will affect MANY Mormon families. There are so many gray areas that makes this beyond ridiculous.