Stewart Udall and negro priesthood issue

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Stewart Udall and negro priesthood issue

Post by _aussieguy55 »

http://thoughtsonthingsandstuff.com/ste ... -side-who/

On this site the author has listed letters Udall received when he as Secretary of the Interior made public comments about the issue

An example:-
"“The Lord’s purposes will move on. You must realize that the Mormon Church is, in actuality, the Church of Jesus Christ. Evidence, both scientific and spiritual are testaments to this fact and any sincere person would believe this message. You must humble yourself from your high throne and seek the scriptures before seeking doctrinal change through changing social conditions. We are not Catholics, Mr. Udall. when the time comes, The lord will speak but not through the Secretary of the Interior or any other branch of the government.” (Negative Letter 22, archive.org)"
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_cafe crema
_Emeritus

Re: Stewart Udall and negro priesthood issue

Post by _cafe crema »

aussieguy55 wrote:http://thoughtsonthingsandstuff.com/stewart-udall-sequence-iv-whos-on-the-lords-side-who/

On this site the author has listed letters Udall received when he as Secretary of the Interior made public comments about the issue

An example:-
"“The Lord’s purposes will move on. You must realize that the Mormon Church is, in actuality, the Church of Jesus Christ. Evidence, both scientific and spiritual are testaments to this fact and any sincere person would believe this message. You must humble yourself from your high throne and seek the scriptures before seeking doctrinal change through changing social conditions. We are not Catholics, Mr. Udall. when the time comes, The lord will speak but not through the Secretary of the Interior or any other branch of the government.” (Negative Letter 22, archive.org)"

I read the first 3 installments on Mr. Udall, they were interesting and I enjoyed learning about him. In this 4th I read what the author wrote about the letters and decided against reading the letters themselves, after reading the first 3 I really liked and admired Udall and didn't want to read the negative responses to his letter. I am interested in the next installment though.