What did Josephs 'inspired version' correct?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_GrandMoffTarkin
_Emeritus

Re: What did Josephs 'inspired version' correct?

Post by _GrandMoffTarkin »

grindael wrote:
grindael wrote:Not you. :smile:

GrandMoffTarkin wrote:lol, I didn't take any of your posts as meaning that, but then I tend to interpret ambiguities on the positive side of things.

This is what I was speaking to: "in your current perception you are better than him because YOU thnk [sic] you are NOT illogical."

Sure. My only point is that I don't get that from what you said. That is just jo1952's insecure reaction to it. I think that is your point also.
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence - Hitch
_grindael
_Emeritus

Re: What did Josephs 'inspired version' correct?

Post by _grindael »

He [Sidney Rigdon] then spoke of the supernatural gifts with which he said Smith was endowed; he said he could translate the scriptures from any language in which they were now extant, and could lay his finger on every interpolation in the sacred writings, adding, that he had proved him in all these things. But my friends knowing that Mr. Rigdon had no knowledge of any language but his own vernacular tongue, asked him how he knew these things, to which Mr. R. made no direct reply.

Mr. Smith arrived at Kirtland the next day; and being examined concerning his supernatural gifts by a scholar, who was capable of testing his knowledge, he confessed he knew nothing of any language, save the king's English. (The Painesville Telegraph, Feb. 1, 1831) http://www.sidneyrigdon.com/dbroadhu/OH ... htm#011831
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.