congrats to Shades et al

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

congrats to Shades et al

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

Your 1000th member joined today. Well done. Thanks.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_Zadok
_Emeritus

Re: congrats to Shades et al

Post by _Zadok »

Mayan Elephant wrote:Your 1000th member joined today. Well done. Thanks.
Indeed!!! This is a fascinating place, I have learned much here, and see that over time, I will learn much more. I loved the awe-shucks give-me-a-hug atmosphere at NOM, and that doesn't seem to exist here to the same degree. But the 'steel on steel' attitudes and discussions are much more informative and intense here than anything that NOM can offer. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.
A friendship that requires agreement in all things, is not worthy of the term friendship.
_souldier
_Emeritus

Post by _souldier »

I thought Dr. Shades culls the heard of dead users to keep it around 1000, isn't that the case? If so, then 1000 was hit a lot earlier (not to rain on the parade).
"It takes more than three point four... wait, six percent beer to get Sterling Archer drunk! Six percent, really?"
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

souldier wrote:I thought Dr. Shades culls the heard of dead users to keep it around 1000, isn't that the case? If so, then 1000 was hit a lot earlier (not to rain on the parade).

Damn. I can't seem to get anything right. Well, it seemed like a great hurdle for year-end.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Mayan Elephant wrote:Your 1000th member joined today. Well done. Thanks.

We've had 1,000 members for a few years now.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley