So did they change the search terms on LDS.org?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_badseed
_Emeritus

So did they change the search terms on LDS.org?

Post by _badseed »

Back when the Plural Marriage in Kirtland and Nauvoo essay came out I did a search terms test on LDS.org and it didn't come up searching "polygamy" or "plural marriage" each alone. I had to use 'plural marriage' with 'kirtland' or 'nauvoo.' Now it comes up under both.

Did I mess up my test and has this been the case since day 1 OR has LDS.org changed things in response to the media coverage and/or the critique of the search criteria? Anyone know about this? Thanks.
Crawling around the evidence in order to maintain a testimony of the Book of Mormon.

http://www.ldsrevelations.com/blog
_badseed
_Emeritus

Re: So did they change the search terms on LDS.org?

Post by _badseed »

badseed wrote:Back when the Plural Marriage in Kirtland and Nauvoo essay came out I did a search terms test on LDS.org and it didn't come up searching "polygamy" or "plural marriage" each alone. I had to use 'plural marriage' with 'kirtland' or 'nauvoo.' Now it comes up under both.

Did I mess up my test and has this been the case since day 1 OR has LDS.org changed things in response to the media coverage and/or the critique of the search criteria? Anyone know about this? Thanks.

I posted too soon. Looks like if you post the exact title "plural marriage in kirtaland and nauvoo" the essay is not in the results shown but you get a link above saying "Search everything for plural marriage in kirtaland and nauvoo." If you click it the you get the essay and some other links. Granted this "Search everything for" structure is used on other/all topics but for the actual title of the essay to NOT bring up the essay is ridiculous. Obviously that's not good key word searching and it shows how much the Church wants to still control the information.
Crawling around the evidence in order to maintain a testimony of the Book of Mormon.

http://www.ldsrevelations.com/blog
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Re: So did they change the search terms on LDS.org?

Post by _ludwigm »

The internal search engine of lds.org is a joke. A bad one, if I may be pedantic.

Use google search on lds.org, if You want a real result!
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei