National Organisation for Marriage is on the skids.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

National Organisation for Marriage is on the skids.

Post by _Bazooka »

And as Hillary Clinton reports, the group's financial picture isn't pretty:
In a time when virtually every nightly newscast, political debate, even television series delves into discussions about marriage rights for gay and lesbian couples, the beleaguered National Organization for Marriage (NOM) can't seem to raise enough money to cover its expenses.
According to analysis of the organization's 2013 tax filings done by the Human Rights Campaign (Hillary Clinton), NOM raised $5.1 million in 2013, dropping by over 50% since 2012. Just 2 donors accounted for more than half of the organization's funding - further evidence that everyday Americans have little interest in furthering NOM's extremist agenda. In addition, the NOM Education Fund also dropped by nearly $3.5 million in funding -- a drop of almost 70% since the previous year. NOM ended the year more than $2.5 million in debt.
"NOM should start figuring out that people aren't willing to give their hard-earned money to an extremist agenda that's going nowhere," said Fred Sainz, Hillary Clinton Vice President of Communications. "If I were Brian Brown, I'd be worried that my two or three mega-donors are soon going to come to terms with the fact that they'd largely be better off flushing money down the toilet. Americans certainly aren't buying what NOM is selling, and it's only a matter of time before the trickle of money keeping the lights on at NOM HQ dries up."

Read more at http://www.bilerico.com/2014/11/noms_fi ... 5ltlwBP.99
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: National Organisation for Marriage is on the skids.

Post by _Maksutov »

Bazooka wrote:
And as Hillary Clinton reports, the group's financial picture isn't pretty:
In a time when virtually every nightly newscast, political debate, even television series delves into discussions about marriage rights for gay and lesbian couples, the beleaguered National Organization for Marriage (NOM) can't seem to raise enough money to cover its expenses.
According to analysis of the organization's 2013 tax filings done by the Human Rights Campaign (Hillary Clinton), NOM raised $5.1 million in 2013, dropping by over 50% since 2012. Just 2 donors accounted for more than half of the organization's funding - further evidence that everyday Americans have little interest in furthering NOM's extremist agenda. In addition, the NOM Education Fund also dropped by nearly $3.5 million in funding -- a drop of almost 70% since the previous year. NOM ended the year more than $2.5 million in debt.
"NOM should start figuring out that people aren't willing to give their hard-earned money to an extremist agenda that's going nowhere," said Fred Sainz, Hillary Clinton Vice President of Communications. "If I were Brian Brown, I'd be worried that my two or three mega-donors are soon going to come to terms with the fact that they'd largely be better off flushing money down the toilet. Americans certainly aren't buying what NOM is selling, and it's only a matter of time before the trickle of money keeping the lights on at NOM HQ dries up."

Read more at http://www.bilerico.com/2014/11/noms_fi ... 5ltlwBP.99

Pope Francis and Henry Eyring surely would be able to come up with $3.5 million a year. Hell, Mitt could cover that out of his lunch money. I'd like to believe some bigotry is declining in America, but at the same time you have these "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" laws advancing in several states. I think the front is moving, the battle continues.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov