The Mormon Testimony

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sammy Jankins
_Emeritus

The Mormon Testimony

Post by _Sammy Jankins »

After the wake of the recent essays and news coverage I've seen some examples of members falling back on their testimonies and spiritual experiences. On that note, I'd like to share the latest Mr. Diety video where he talks about Mormon Testimonies.

The Way of The Mister: The Mormon Testimony

In short though I would say if you have a spiritual affirmation that indicates it was totally okay for Joseph Smith to marry two 14 year olds and his foster daughters that should give you pause. If the burning your bosom tells you that it was okay to marry previously married women and for Joseph to lie to his first wife, to keep her in the dark because she wouldn't cooperate, you should question that burning. If your spiritual compass says that God Almighty really did send an angel with a sword to force a man into these relationships against his will, maybe you should question that compass.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Re: The Mormon Testimony

Post by _sock puppet »

Sammy Jankins wrote:After the wake of the recent essays and news coverage I've seen some examples of members falling back on their testimonies and spiritual experiences. On that note, I'd like to share the latest Mr. Diety video where he talks about Mormon Testimonies.

The Way of The Mister: The Mormon Testimony

In short though I would say if you have a spiritual affirmation that indicates it was totally okay for Joseph Smith to marry two 14 year olds and his foster daughters that should give you pause. If the burning your bosom tells you that it was okay to marry previously married women and for Joseph to lie to his first wife, to keep her in the dark because she wouldn't cooperate, you should question that burning. If your spiritual compass says that God Almighty really did send an angel with a sword to force a man into these relationships against his will, maybe you should question that compass.

Brother Jankins,

The Lord wants you to doubt your doubts, not doubt your faith.

Dieter.
_cognitiveharmony
_Emeritus

Re: The Mormon Testimony

Post by _cognitiveharmony »

This guy doesn't mince words does he. He always makes me laugh because he's so spot on and unrepentive.