"So Called" Polyandrous Marriages just Dynastic Liasons

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Re: "So Called" Polyandrous Marriages just Dynastic Liasons

Post by _Mormonicious »

I wonder how my spouse will fill about me dynastically joining my neighbors boat to my RV by using Horny Holy Joe's estate management plan? If you know what I mean.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Mormonicious wrote:I wonder how my spouse will fill about me dynastically joining my neighbors boat to my RV by using Horny Holy Joe's estate management plan? If you know what I mean.

Throw in a liaison with Spain via a marriage between your RV, the boat and the Spanish Infanta and you spouse will be thrilled at the new water sports.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

These "So Called" Polyandrous Marriages were nothing more than just Dynastic Liaisons between worldly men linking their estates and empires together. This process has been utilized by the aristocracy throughout human history as a natural means transferring wealth and power, as well as passing superlative genetics on to the next generation.

I don't know about that. But all the evidence does point to the fact that in all the so-called 'polyandrous' cases, there was no actual polyandry going on at the time. See my siggy for details.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

bcspace wrote:
These "So Called" Polyandrous Marriages were nothing more than just Dynastic Liaisons between worldly men linking their estates and empires together. This process has been utilized by the aristocracy throughout human history as a natural means transferring wealth and power, as well as passing superlative genetics on to the next generation.

But all the evidence does point to the fact that in all the so-called 'polyandrous' cases, there was no actual polyandry going on at the time.

You might have the winning argument if legitimate polyandy required the consent of both husbands, rather than an unaware husband and an active interloper. However, if angelic sanction was given to rend asunder what God had joined together, then couldn't we still refer to it as a Dynastic Liaison or would we need to come up with some other rhetorical terminology?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Uther
_Emeritus

Post by _Uther »

moksha wrote:These "So Called" Polyandrous Marriages were nothing more than just Dynastic Liaisons between worldly men linking their estates and empires together. This process has been utilized by the aristocracy throughout human history as a natural means transferring wealth and power, as well as passing superlative genetics on to the next generation.

Hilarious!
Brings back memmories of epic scenes long forgotten ;)

"Angel with a flaming sword":

"The last supper":

Kind regards
Uther
Last edited by Guest on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About Joseph Smith.. How do you think his persona was influenced by being the storyteller since childhood? Mastering the art of going pale, changing his voice, and mesmerizing his audience.. How do you think he was influenced by keeping secrets and lying for his wife and the church members for decades?
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

bcspace wrote:

I don't know about that. But all the evidence does point to the fact that in all the so-called 'polyandrous' cases, there was no actual polyandry going on at the time. See my siggy for details.

Utilising the link in your signature line:
But the potential number of participating “spouses” in these new “marriages” does not end there. Eliminating gender considerations would allow any group of men and women to marry each other in any number of complex networks. The unavoidable result is “omnigamy,” or “group marriage,” where everyone is married to everyone, or at least some of the people in the network.

Here is Hales someones apologetic for polyandry in the church in the essay "Plural Marriage in Kirkland and Nauvoo".
These sealings may have provided a way to create an eternal bond or link between Joseph’s family and other families within the Church.31 These ties extended both vertically, from parent to child, and horizontally, from one family to another. Today such eternal bonds are achieved through the temple marriages of individuals who are also sealed to their own birth families, in this way linking families together. Joseph Smith’s sealings to women already married may have been an early version of linking one family to another.

Spot the difference? Me neither.

Hales' blog posts continues...

While it sounds unbelievable, legalized polygamy and same-sex marriage would allow a person to be married to a limitless number of spouses. Perhaps legislators and judges would seek to place limits, but what would they be? No more than ten spouses in a network? Twenty? Fifty? Perhaps even “marriage clubs” could be formed.

There would also be interesting consequences for the U.S. governmental agencies. For example, as marriage has helped non-Americans receive U.S. citizenship in the past, omnigamy would complicate that process. Also, filing a “joint income tax” could make for much larger tax returns.

Another obvious consequence is the sanctity of marriage and family would be diminished. When discussing these possible changes with a friend, she asked, “Will I soon be able to marry my dog?” In fact, there are good reasons to discount inter-species marriages. But allowing anyone to marry anybody as often as they desire seems to be without any opposing legal argumentation, at least according to some observers.

My father, an attorney, used to tell me, “Never look to legality to find morality.” Neither does legality influence the new and everlasting covenant of marriage. Joseph Smith’s revelations explain how exaltation is available only to heterosexual couples and that a plurality of wives is needed to allow all worthy women to be sealed to a husband (D&C 132: 19–20, 16–17, 63).

Now why isn't that last line in the essay?
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)