Mormon living Word of Wisdom is the key to KFC success

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

http://ldsmag.com/article/1/15038

At this point the KFC owners John Brown and Jack Massy were furious with my father. Jack angrily said, “this is just one drink, just one time!” They were not happy at all! If my dad blew the deal it would have terrible ramifications for the future of KFC and my father. They all knew that tens of millions of dollars was at stake for Mr. Massey and Mr. Brown to expand their KFC business. The pressure was unbearable.

The waiter graciously sent a runner down to the street corner market to purchase some tomato juice for my father to join in the toast. After the toast, the group broke up for lunch and Mr. Massey and Mr. Brown told my father that they would eat without him and left in a huff. They swore under their breath that my father had likely ruined the deal.

After lunch, the senior Lehman Brother officer sent a request to have my father come to meet with him privately in his office. My dad walked into the large and prestigious office and sat down. He braced for the bad news. The CEO then asked, “Kent, why didn’t you take the Sherry?” My father honestly explained that it was against his religious beliefs. The banker then replied: “We know you’re a Mormon and we were just testing the integrity of the leadership of KFC to see if you could pass this test before we loaned you the money!”
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon living Word of Wisdom is the key to KFC success

Post by _CameronMO »

Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.
_Tchild
_Emeritus

Post by _Tchild »

Bazooka wrote:After lunch, the senior Lehman Brother officer sent a request to have my father come to meet with him privately in his office. My dad walked into the large and prestigious office and sat down. He braced for the bad news. The CEO then asked, “Kent, why didn’t you take the Sherry?” My father honestly explained that it was against his religious beliefs. The banker then replied: “We know you’re a Mormon and we were just testing the integrity of the leadership of KFC to see if you could pass this test before we loaned you the money!”

This is the Mormon fantasy scenario: a believer's inconsequential WoW adherance somehow means something important to a non believer... enough even to be tested in order to seal an important business deal.

In my business we have salespeople that do not drink. When we close a business deal, our non-drinking employees don't make a big goddamned fuss about such nonsense, they simply claim they don't drink and order a water or soft drink and nobody at the table gives two sh*ts.

In Utah, hundreds of millions of dollars have been lost to fraud because a business person substituted real integrity with its Mormon facade / fascimile of integrity manifested as WoW adherance, or LDS affiliation.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Bazooka wrote:http://ldsmag.com/article/1/15038

At this point the KFC owners John Brown and Jack Massy were furious with my father. Jack angrily said, “this is just one drink, just one time!” They were not happy at all! If my dad blew the deal it would have terrible ramifications for the future of KFC and my father. They all knew that tens of millions of dollars was at stake for Mr. Massey and Mr. Brown to expand their KFC business. The pressure was unbearable.

The waiter graciously sent a runner down to the street corner market to purchase some tomato juice for my father to join in the toast. After the toast, the group broke up for lunch and Mr. Massey and Mr. Brown told my father that they would eat without him and left in a huff. They swore under their breath that my father had likely ruined the deal.

After lunch, the senior Lehman Brother officer sent a request to have my father come to meet with him privately in his office. My dad walked into the large and prestigious office and sat down. He braced for the bad news. The CEO then asked, “Kent, why didn’t you take the Sherry?” My father honestly explained that it was against his religious beliefs. The banker then replied: “We know you’re a Mormon and we were just testing the integrity of the leadership of KFC to see if you could pass this test before we loaned you the money!”

This never happened. Lehman Brother's does not test potential borrowers by seeing if they will drink alcohol.

If Joseph Smith were alive today, he would burn down the printing press of LDS Magazine. With ridiculous articles like this, and articles from people like Michael Ash and John Pratt, it's no wonder LDS Magazine has the reputation of being the National Enquirer of Mormonism.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

Venous insufficiency and venous stasis ulceration are but two of the many negative consequences of a long-term diet of Southern fried cooking. Diagnostic ultrasound technicians in the Bible Belt make a ton of money screening patients for venous insufficiency.

Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_son of Ishmael
_Emeritus

Post by _son of Ishmael »

Bazooka wrote:http://ldsmag.com/article/1/15038

These are the kinds of stories that Mormons just eat up by the gallon. This is right out of the Paul Dunn playbook. They had to send a runner to get tomato juice? You mean there was no non-alcoholic beverages in the entire building, not even water?
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk - Tom Waits
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Heck, I'd be satisfied if someone could explain why the WoW says nothing about the dangers of a high-fat diet.
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

The Erotic Apologist wrote:Heck, I'd be satisfied if someone could explain why the WoW says nothing about the dangers of a high-fat diet.

I can't explain it. The WofW is just f'ed up crap. Those pictures are gross I don't think ludwigm has posted anything that gross. :biggrin:
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Tator wrote:
The Erotic Apologist wrote:Heck, I'd be satisfied if someone could explain why the WoW says nothing about the dangers of a high-fat diet.

I can't explain it. The WofW is just f'ed up crap. Those pictures are gross I don't think ludwigm has posted anything that gross. :biggrin:

Yeah, I have to agree, the WoW is pretty much worthless. And yeah, the pics are pretty gross, but I see craploads of cases of chronic venous insufficiency right here in Utah. If Utahns are supposed to enjoy a higher standard of health than the rest of the nation because of the WoW, why do I see so many cases of venous insuffeciency?

You'd think the WoW would have something to say about this...
--Yahoo Bot

_palerobber
_Emeritus

Post by _palerobber »

"... and then when they shook hands my dad noticed that the Lehman Brother executive had what seemed like a gouge wound in the middle of his palm ..."