JSJr's Achilles's Heels: glass-looking, Sex, "Translations"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Post Reply
sock puppet
The Outcast
Posts: 17063
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:52 am

JSJr's Achilles's Heels: glass-looking, Sex, "Translations"

Post by sock puppet »

Which is more important to defenders of the LDS realm?

JSJr's shady, pre-Mormon Church past as a glass-looker for hire who was prosecuted for it?

His extra-marital sexcapades, e.g., JSJr's "dirty, nasty, filthy affair" with Fanny Alger (as Oliver Cowdery called it)? Even in the weeks right before he was murdered, JSJr was yet denying having more than one 'wife'.

JSJr's claims to have been "translating" ancient language writings, including Abraham's story on the papyrus, written by Abraham's own hand. The LDS Church for almost 100 years explained that if it had the papyrus, it would prove the Book of Abraham. Then for 40 almost 50 years after the papyrus was found and recovered--and proved JSJr false--the LDS defenders have zigged, then zagged, then zigged again...trying to explain that away. Now, with the LDS.org publication of the essay are backing off, throwing JSJr under the bus as a dupe tool nothing more.

The guy was a classic fraud. Maybe the LDS Church ought to disconnect from its founding past and rename itself, "Another Community of Christ".

User avatar
sunstoned
God
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:12 am

Re: JSJr's Achilles's Heels: glass-looking, Sex, "Translatio

Post by sunstoned »

The other day I posted a link to the essay to our family (and extended family) Facebook site. So far it has been viewed over a hundred times, but has only received two likes, and one of those was from my wife. TBMs, like my family do not want to know the truth if it is going to rock their belief boat. That is the only explanation I can come up with. Because, to me, this essay is devastating to Joseph Smith and by association, the leaders of the church who have whitewashed these facts for the past 170 years.

User avatar
Tator
God
Posts: 3077
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:15 am

Re: JSJr's Achilles's Heels: glass-looking, Sex, "Translatio

Post by Tator »

sock puppet wrote:Maybe the LDS Church ought to disconnect from its founding past and rename itself, "Another Community of Christ".


Or maybe, "The Reorganized Community of Christ".
aka Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

sock puppet
The Outcast
Posts: 17063
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:52 am

Re: JSJr's Achilles's Heels: glass-looking, Sex, "Translatio

Post by sock puppet »

Tator wrote:
sock puppet wrote:Maybe the LDS Church ought to disconnect from its founding past and rename itself, "Another Community of Christ".


Or maybe, "The Reorganized Community of Christ".

Yea. I suspect, though, they'll probably keep it the Bureaucracy of Top-down, aka CoJCoLDS.

User avatar
Markk
Charlatan
Posts: 4745
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: JSJr's Achilles's Heels: glass-looking, Sex, "Translatio

Post by Markk »

sock puppet wrote:Which is more important to defenders of the LDS realm?

JSJr's shady, pre-Mormon Church past as a glass-looker for hire who was prosecuted for it?

His extra-marital sexcapades, e.g., JSJr's "dirty, nasty, filthy affair" with Fanny Alger (as Oliver Cowdery called it)? Even in the weeks right before he was murdered, JSJr was yet denying having more than one 'wife'.

JSJr's claims to have been "translating" ancient language writings, including Abraham's story on the papyrus, written by Abraham's own hand. The LDS Church for almost 100 years explained that if it had the papyrus, it would prove the Book of Abraham. Then for 40 almost 50 years after the papyrus was found and recovered--and proved JSJr false--the LDS defenders have zigged, then zagged, then zigged again...trying to explain that away. Now, with the LDS.org publication of the essay are backing off, throwing JSJr under the bus as a dupe tool nothing more.

The guy was a classic fraud. Maybe the LDS Church ought to disconnect from its founding past and rename itself, "Another Community of Christ".


Hey SP,

This has nothing to do with the thread, but I just looked at your link to the sock puppets doing Kurt Cobain...I think you're mistaken...they all look like Geddy Lee?

Carry on!
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests