It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JSJr's Achilles's Heels: glass-looking, Sex, "Translations"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:09 pm 
The Outcast

Which is more important to defenders of the LDS realm?

JSJr's shady, pre-Mormon Church past as a glass-looker for hire who was prosecuted for it?

His extra-marital sexcapades, e.g., JSJr's "dirty, nasty, filthy affair" with Fanny Alger (as Oliver Cowdery called it)? Even in the weeks right before he was murdered, JSJr was yet denying having more than one 'wife'.

JSJr's claims to have been "translating" ancient language writings, including Abraham's story on the papyrus, written by Abraham's own hand. The LDS Church for almost 100 years explained that if it had the papyrus, it would prove the Book of Abraham. Then for 40 almost 50 years after the papyrus was found and recovered--and proved JSJr false--the LDS defenders have zigged, then zagged, then zigged again...trying to explain that away. Now, with the LDS.org publication of the essay are backing off, throwing JSJr under the bus as a dupe tool nothing more.

The guy was a classic fraud. Maybe the LDS Church ought to disconnect from its founding past and rename itself, "Another Community of Christ".

Post subject: Re: JSJr's Achilles's Heels: glass-looking, Sex, "Translatio
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:50 pm 
God

The other day I posted a link to the essay to our family (and extended family) Facebook site. So far it has been viewed over a hundred times, but has only received two likes, and one of those was from my wife. TBMs, like my family do not want to know the truth if it is going to rock their belief boat. That is the only explanation I can come up with. Because, to me, this essay is devastating to Joseph Smith and by association, the leaders of the church who have whitewashed these facts for the past 170 years.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:17 pm 
God

sock puppet wrote:
Maybe the LDS Church ought to disconnect from its founding past and rename itself, "Another Community of Christ".

Or maybe, "The Reorganized Community of Christ".

2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:23 pm 
The Outcast

Tator wrote:
sock puppet wrote:
Maybe the LDS Church ought to disconnect from its founding past and rename itself, "Another Community of Christ".

Or maybe, "The Reorganized Community of Christ".

Yea. I suspect, though, they'll probably keep it the Bureaucracy of Top-down, aka CoJCoLDS.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:02 pm 
Charlatan

sock puppet wrote:
Which is more important to defenders of the LDS realm?

JSJr's shady, pre-Mormon Church past as a glass-looker for hire who was prosecuted for it?

His extra-marital sexcapades, e.g., JSJr's "dirty, nasty, filthy affair" with Fanny Alger (as Oliver Cowdery called it)? Even in the weeks right before he was murdered, JSJr was yet denying having more than one 'wife'.

JSJr's claims to have been "translating" ancient language writings, including Abraham's story on the papyrus, written by Abraham's own hand. The LDS Church for almost 100 years explained that if it had the papyrus, it would prove the Book of Abraham. Then for 40 almost 50 years after the papyrus was found and recovered--and proved JSJr false--the LDS defenders have zigged, then zagged, then zigged again...trying to explain that away. Now, with the LDS.org publication of the essay are backing off, throwing JSJr under the bus as a dupe tool nothing more.

The guy was a classic fraud. Maybe the LDS Church ought to disconnect from its founding past and rename itself, "Another Community of Christ".

Hey SP,

This has nothing to do with the thread, but I just looked at your link to the sock puppets doing Kurt Cobain...I think you're mistaken...they all look like Geddy Lee?

Carry on!