Update: Meet the Mormons # of theaters drops from 333 to 128

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Re: Update: Meet the Mormons second weekend numbers

Post by _Bazooka »

Arrakis wrote:Sunday per theater avg of $67; @$10 tickets = 7 people per theater for the day.
It's opened in an add'l 16 theaters.....

That's tickets sold, not necessarily screening attendee's.
If tickets had been bought by the Church but not taken up by members they would be included in sales even though nobody went to see it.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_Arrakis
_Emeritus

Post by _Arrakis »

Bazooka wrote:
Arrakis wrote:Sunday per theater avg of $67; @$10 tickets = 7 people per theater for the day.
It's opened in an add'l 16 theaters.....

That's tickets sold, not necessarily screening attendee's.
If tickets had been bought by the Church but not taken up by members they would be included in sales even though nobody went to see it.

That's true....one church critic said he went to see it with 2 friends in SLC on Sunday. Not counting those 3, there was ONE other person. It's entirely possible some showings had zero bodies in the seats.
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

Do the 3 nephites get a special like military rate and can they attend on sunday if they are in the country and not wandering around?
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Post by _CameronMO »

It will be interesting to see how many theaters have this on Friday.

My wife and daughters went to see it on Tuesday after school, on $5 day. She said there were about 20 people there. She didn't talk about the movie much, but loved the shopping after the movie.
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.
_cafe crema
_Emeritus

Post by _cafe crema »

CameronMO wrote:It will be interesting to see how many theaters have this on Friday.

My wife and daughters went to see it on Tuesday after school, on $5 day. She said there were about 20 people there. She didn't talk about the movie much, but loved the shopping after the movie.

The three theaters nearest me had it the last 2 weeks but it's not there this Friday.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

Why has the Church stop reporting the ranking of "Meet The Mormons"?

From the link in the OP, updated as at 22nd October.

All Time Domestic = Ranked 5,044
Top Movies in the Past 365 Days = Ranked 148
Top Ranking Limited Release Debut = Ranked 192
Opening Weekends (Limited Release) = Ranked 68
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_No_Hidden_Agenda
_Emeritus

Post by _No_Hidden_Agenda »

I've noticed Mak is silent on these threads...

After insisting the movie would be a success (without defining criteria) he's avoided the subject.

Come on Mak, surely $5m from the tithing payers that funded the film in the first place is a "success"!
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Bazooka wrote:Why has the Church stop reporting the ranking of "Meet The Mormons"?

From the link in the OP, updated as at 22nd October.

All Time Domestic = Ranked 5,044
Top Movies in the Past 365 Days = Ranked 148
Top Ranking Limited Release Debut = Ranked 192
Opening Weekends (Limited Release) = Ranked 68

With those dismal numbers even Mak, the young apologist, would have a hard time putting a positive spin on MTM.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Sammy Jankins
_Emeritus

Re: Update: Meet the Mormons # of theaters drops to 128 from

Post by _Sammy Jankins »

Sammy Jankins wrote:Box office Mojo

Second weekend numbers are in. Number of theathers playing the movie drops from 333 to 128. It grossed 6,200 on Sunday.
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Re: Update: Meet the Mormons # of theaters drops from 333 to

Post by _cinepro »

I've got to admit that it made way more money ($5.2M) than I thought it would. I totally underestimated how many LDS would pay to go see this in theaters.