It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Warning to Mormon Discussions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:59 am 
God

Mormon Jesus wrote:
14. Nevertheless, there are many acalled, but few are chosen. And bwhy are they cnot chosen?
15. Because their ahearts are set so much upon the things of this bworld, and caspire to the dhonors of men, that ethey do not flearn this one lesson—

Well, this settles the question of whether Mormon Jesus is continually increasing in knowledge.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:17 am 
Dark Lord of the Sith

CaliforniaKid wrote:
Mormon Jesus wrote:
14. Nevertheless, there are many acalled, but few are chosen. And bwhy are they cnot chosen?
15. Because their ahearts are set so much upon the things of this bworld, and caspire to the dhonors of men, that ethey do not flearn this one lesson—

Well, this settles the question of whether Mormon Jesus is continually increasing in knowledge.

In order to further their agenda, critics like CaliforniaKid have suggested that the revelations from Mormon Jesus are simply copying and pasting from the LDS edition of Doctrine and Covenants. However, a careful reading of this revelation shows that many of the footnotes underlined by CaliforniaKid are not found in the LDS edition of D&C 121. Compare the critic's underlines above with this:

D&C 121

34 Behold, there are many acalled, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen?

35 Because their ahearts are set so much upon the things of this bworld, and caspire to the dhonors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson—

Verse 34 does not have a footnote for "why" and "not," as the revelation from Mormon Jesus does. Verse 35 does not have footnotes for "they" and "learn," which the revelation from Mormon Jesus does have.

Clearly, there is something more than simple copying and pasting going on. Those who have a testimony of Mormon Jesus already know that, of course. Anti-Mormon-Jesus critics with an ax to grind, like CaliforniaKid, would do well to consider what the evidence actually is before imposing their naturalistic assumptions on the scriptures.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:08 pm 
God

Okay, I take it back. Mormon Jesus does learn new tricks. :lol: :biggrin:

Last edited by CaliforniaKid on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:10 pm 
Has More Degrees Than Droopy

Location: Cassius University: Ho Chi Minh Professor of American Military History
CaliforniaKid wrote:
Okay, I take it back. Mormon Jesus does learn from his mistakes. :lol: :biggrin:

It's an insult to Mormon Jesus to suggest he's a popinjay like Darth J.

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:23 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

It's an insult to anyone to suggest they are a popinjay like me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:56 am 
God

It's an insult to popinjays to suggest that they are like Darth J.

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:02 pm 
God

MJ,

Now that Romney has picked his VP we should be able to get some kind of read from you as to which way you wish the faithful to lean in November. After all you have said that Kings are placed in their position for a reason. What I want to know is what did we do to piss you off to get Obama?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:45 pm 
Nursery

Franktalk wrote:
MJ,

Now that Romney has picked his VP we should be able to get some kind of read from you as to which way you wish the faithful to lean in November. After all you have said that Kings are placed in their position for a reason. What I want to know is what did we do to piss you off to get Obama?

Simply to test Droopy's ability to form single sentence paragraphs.

"This is why I am a big fan of the Mormon lay. It is important that two people know that they are somewhat compatible in bed. After a couple of Mormon lays, one can know a lot about the other person's sexuality."

-- why me 7/10/12

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:02 pm 
God

Franktalk wrote:
MJ,

Yea Mormon Jesus. How is it that you let Romney pick a Whore of all the Earth member to be his running mate. Does this mean the Mormonism is Catholicism light and that a reunion is eminent?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:28 pm 
God

Dear Mormon Jesus,

Thy maidservant took note that thy thread had dropped over to the second page. So I am offering this post to bring it back to the top of the list where it belongs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:09 pm 
God

O Mormon Jesus! How great thou art. We are all really impressed down here, I can tell thee. Bedazzle us, o Lord, and we shall be bedazzled.

O Mormon Jesus! Riddleth me this: who sinned, ludwigm or his parents, that he be afflicted with an image-ban?

O Mormon Jesus! I'm still waiting for that pony. For lo! though your maidservant jo1952 did hear your instructions, I feareth that your maidservant jo1952 is an inconstant specimen.

Adieu! (Or is that pretty much redundant in your case?)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:07 pm 
God

Bret Ripley wrote:
O Mormon Jesus! How great thou art. We are all really impressed down here, I can tell thee. Bedazzle us, o Lord, and we shall be bedazzled.

O Mormon Jesus! Riddleth me this: who sinned, ludwigm or his parents, that he be afflicted with an image-ban?

O Mormon Jesus! I'm still waiting for that pony. For lo! though your maidservant jo1952 did hear your instructions, I feareth that your maidservant jo1952 is an inconstant specimen.

OMG, I haven't laugheth in this manner in at least seven times seven days!!!! :lol:

It mayeth be that neither Ludwigm or his parents sinned.

Brother Ripley, Mormon Jesus has not yet seen fit to help me find my way home. We must have patience because our time is not like his time. I cannot do anything about that pony until he gets me home.

Last edited by jo1952 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:10 pm 
God

jo1952 wrote:
Bret Ripley wrote:

OMG, I haven't laugheth in this manner in at least seven times seven days!!!! :lol:

Brother Ripley, Mormon Jesus has not yet seen fit to help me find my way home. We must have patience because our time is not like his time. I cannot do anything about that pony until he gets me home.
For want of bus fare, I remain ponyless. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:22 pm 
God

Bret Ripley wrote:

I made a bad choice. I should never have started singing about rainbows.

Forgive me.......

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:56 pm 
God

jo1952 wrote:
Bret Ripley wrote:

I made a bad choice. I should never have started singing about rainbows.

Forgive me.......
Oh, I'll forgive you. Can't speak for the pony.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:28 pm 
tired, less active investigator

jo1952 wrote:
It mayeth be that neither Ludwigm or his parents sinned.

L_Tom_Perry wrote:
Verily, verily, I should use my authority! Who hath ears to hear, let me hear!
Ludwigm again, if you got it. He is a sinner. We all know him, I don't understand anything of what he writes, a little less than three-fifths. Jokes inclusive.
The debate is over. (viewtopic.php?p=625391#p625391)

I may have a back door...
L_Tom_Perry wrote:
Forget what I and what others have said ... we spoke with a limited knowledge.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:44 pm 
God

Keep your destroying murderous angels off me you damn dirty ape!

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 pm 
Deacon

Adapted to the weakest of all saints...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:32 pm 
God

You're an Ass Mormon Jesus. All this self serving for your servants and zilch for the poor and needy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:06 pm 
God

Haha. Best revelation yet.

Sounds like Mormon Jesus had been hitting the bottle when he gave this revelation.

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:10 pm 
God

Bret Ripley wrote:

Neither, but that the power of God may be made manifest unto all mankind.

:twisted:

Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next