Sex in the Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Re: Sex in the Book of Mormon

Post by _Tarski »

zeezrom wrote:I used to believe it was impossible for a dirty thought to enter the mind while in the temple.

I was in the temple once and wondered about the question of bad thoughts. As soon as the question arose in my mind the next natural question was "jee, I wonder what would be the worst thought one could think in the temple". I am talking absolute worst.
So of course, I immediately came up with said "worst thought" and couldn't make myself stop thinking it. The intense effort to not think it, resulted in the very thought naturally. After all, what was that thought I am supposed to avoid again?

I confessed to my bishop father and he was appalled to say the least.
when believers want to give their claims more weight, they dress these claims up in scientific terms. When believers want to belittle atheism or secular humanism, they call it a "religion". -Beastie

yesterday's Mormon doctrine is today's Mormon folklore.-Buffalo
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Re: Sex in the Book of Mormon

Post by _sock puppet »

Tarski wrote:
zeezrom wrote:I used to believe it was impossible for a dirty thought to enter the mind while in the temple.

I was in the temple once and wondered about the question of bad thoughts. As soon as the question arose in my mind the next natural question was "jee, I wonder what would be the worst thought one could think in the temple". I am talking absolute worst.
So of course, I immediately came up with said "worst thought" and couldn't make myself stop thinking it. The intense effort to not think it, resulted in the very thought naturally. After all, what was that thought I am supposed to avoid again?

I confessed to my bishop father and he was appalled to say the least.

You were really thinking, while in the temple, that LDS teachings are all just made up BS?

For the Brethren, that is the absolute worst thought you could have, in the temple or anywhere else.