God saved my life

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

God saved my life

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Dr. Brantley, one of the U.S. doctors who got the Ebola Virus, was fortunate enough to get *back* in the CDC center in the United States, got the absolute ***best*** treatment medically, for WEEKS non stop, while HUNDREDS continue dying in Africa, says "God saved my life"?!? Now had he remained in Africa and was cured, I'd be much more likely to believe him. To disparage the science that actually saved his life and then pretend God did it, while God so cruelly and evilly continues to let many hundreds more DIE is utterly atrocious. They have no access to the magnificent medical technology we have, and they continue to die. He comes home and is healed. THIS IS SIGNIFICANT. Give credit where credit is due. Had he NOT come home, he would be DEAD. ****FULL STOP**** God had NOTHING to do with it. It is so goddamned annoying to see science ignored and unthanked while some do nothing character is given all the credit. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled out of my gourd he survived. I am not an atheist, but I am a realist. This is immoral and wrong. Am I the only one who sees this? REALLY? What am I missing? The news screams it was miraculous, well yes, our knowledge IS miraculous meaning that it is so far beyond those dark ages the Christians dominated. But god miraculous? No.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Re: God saved my life

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

His bias, likely foisted upon him by his parents, was confirmed. Keep in mind he is a "missionary". He is towing the company line.

Yes, how does he explain all the others who DIED from Ebola?? Like the people he was TREATING!!. I guess his god loves him more than the black folks that his science, technology and god left behind.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:His bias, likely foisted upon him by his parents, was confirmed. Keep in mind he is a "missionary". He is towing the company line.

Yes, how does he explain all the others who DIED from Ebola?? Like the people he was TREATING!!. I guess his god loves him more than the black folks that his science, technology and god left behind.

I agree with what you're saying. I have trouble understanding how well educated people can think that fuzzily.

I will give him points on being a missionary. At least he was trying to help the poorest of people overcome a horrible disease under great personal danger.

He could have been going door to door in England selling seats in the Celestial Kingdom.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Quasimodo wrote:
Polygamy-Porter wrote:His bias, likely foisted upon him by his parents, was confirmed. Keep in mind he is a "missionary". He is towing the company line.

I agree with what you're saying. I have trouble understanding how well educated people can think that fuzzily.

I will give him points on being a missionary. At least he was trying to help the poorest of people overcome a horrible disease under great personal danger.

He could have been going door to door in England selling seats in the Celestial Kingdom.

LDS Ouch!
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

I am sure to believe that a medical doctor who has risked his life to help people does not understand the role of science in helping people.