BYU-TV In Ceeboo's House!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Re: BYU-TV In Ceeboo's House!

Post by _ludwigm »

Ceeboo wrote:"As raccoon is, whale once was. As whale is, raccoon may become."
Lorenzo Snow's words...

One can never know when and how one can use ANY knowledge.
(My students used to ask "why should we learn this or that - they are unnecessary".)
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

Ceeboo wrote:This morning, with a cup of coffee in hand and a gorgeous woman sleeping next to me, I watched another 40 minutes!

If your wife finds out she will leather the living daylights out of you.
If the drugs ever wear off, the gorgeous woman will wake up and leather the living daylights out of you.

This time, the man at the podium was Elder Darwin. He spoke on the most recent dispensation - "The Restored Whale."

The lesson he preached was about how a mere raccoon like creature, through hard work, endurance, obedience, patience and having a strong testimony - could become the largest living organism on earth - a whale!

He said that many believe that this process was due to natural selections, environmental pressures and random mutations that took place over extremely long periods of time. Not so - he said! (as you might imagine, he had my full attention at this point! :smile: )

He removed the veil and gave testimony of the truth behind the raccoon to whale. Elder Darwin said that - in the pre-existence - the raccoon was cursed and was deemed not worthy to posses the necessary tools to enjoy the waters on earth - in the case of the cursed raccoon, flippers were the tools that were not provided to the raccoon in the beginning. But, as the raccoon lived its life, it worked hard, it was 100% obedient, it kept all of the commandments, it was righteous, it passed the TR test questions and because of its enduring , was allowed to enter the only building on planet earth where flippers are available. The raccoon paid 10% of its gross income and was rewarded with brand new flippers.

The is called the plan of salination.

Elder Darwin concluded with the following quote:

"As raccoon is, whale once was. As whale is, raccoon may become."

Peace,
Ceeboo

It's at this point it should dawn on you that, as a non Mormon, you know far far far too much about Mormonism!

Give that woman a nudge and tell her to make you breakfast, then run the hell away!
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Bazooka wrote:
The is called the plan of salination.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:smile:

Peace,
Ceeboo
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

mentalgymnast wrote:
ludwigm wrote:[Joseph Smith] reigns there as supreme a being in his sphere, capacity, and calling, as God does in heaven.
I wonder what SWK would say to this reported snippet from BY.
1. Who cares SWK? Here and now, WE (=You and me) ARE who are reading BY's words.
2. Snippet???
Even You didn't get it, I wrote: Journal of Discourses -> Volume 7 -> Discourse 45 (pages 282-291)
Remarks by President Brigham Young, delivered in the Tabernacle, Great Salt Lake City, October 9, 1859
Intelligence, Etc by Brigham Young (follow the link if You don't believe I quoted it in context...)
part of the sermon
Should I quote the whole sermon - or are You able to read it from the link above?
I didn't quote it out of context.

mentalgymnast wrote:Adam/God anyone?
Red herring...

mentalgymnast wrote:He [SWK] and Brigham didn't always see eye to eye.
Another red herring.

mentalgymnast wrote:Not that BY wasn't always reliable...
Please be more specific. Was BY always reliable or wasn't he?

mentalgymnast wrote:Any other references?
Isn't this sermon (remarks of THE PROPHET) enough?
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei