In Which Ray Agostini Threatens To "Sue My Ass Off"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

In Which Ray Agostini Threatens To "Sue My Ass Off"

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Folks, you just can't make this stuff up:

Ray Agostini wrote:Everybody Wang Chung also slandered me on the Internet by taking an 11 year old incident totally out of context, which led to my final departure from that miserable board.

Oh, just "fun" was it? I'm putting Everybody Wang Chung on notice that should I ever discover his/her real identity: I will sue the ass off you for defamation of character.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeterso ... 1504835804
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_cwald
_Emeritus

Re: In Which Ray A Threatens To "Sue My Ass Off"

Post by _cwald »

Wow.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Tator
_Emeritus

Re: In Which Ray Agostini Threatens To "Sue My Ass Off"

Post by _Tator »

patheos is pathetic
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

I thought Ray was a cab driver "down under"? How would he sue an American?

Do they really eat Vegemite® Sandwiches down there?
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:Folks, you just can't make this stuff up:

Ray Agostini wrote:Everybody Wang Chung also slandered me on the Internet by taking an 11 year old incident totally out of context, which led to my final departure from that miserable board.

Oh, just "fun" was it? I'm putting Everybody Wang Chung on notice that should I ever discover his/her real identity: I will sue the ass off you for defamation of character.

I'm surprised that MDB meant so much to RayA that after a year off board, he's still smarting so much about his fracas here with Everybody Wang Chung. And that it is so important to him that he'd consider legal action. What are his slander damages? He's no longer held in as much esteem by the MDB crowd that he despises anyway? Try quantifying that for a court, into dollar damages. Sounds like it would be an abuse of process and malicious prosecution to me, should RayA ever learn Everybody Wang Chung's real identity and then sue Everybody Wang Chung.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

sock puppet wrote:I'm surprised that MDB meant so much to RayA that after a year off board, he's still smarting so much about his fracas here with Everybody Wang Chung. And that it is so important to him that he'd consider legal action. What are his slander damages? He's no longer held in as much esteem by the MDB crowd that he despises anyway? Try quantifying that for a court, into dollar damages. Sounds like it would be an abuse of process and malicious prosecution to me, should RayA ever learn Everybody Wang Chung's real identity and then sue Everybody Wang Chung.

Yes, clearly Ray A has been stewing a very long time in his anger and desire for revenge over whatever slight he feels I've given him. On the other hand, I can honestly say, I've given him absolutely no thought whatsoever. I forgave Ray a long time ago over his behavior towards me and my family.

I'm starting to see a disturbing trend about holding grudges. For example, DCP holds grudges for years over perceived slights from Gerald Bradford, MsJack, BYU, Dr. Scratch, etc. It's beyond bizarre.

As far as Ray suing me over whatever imaginary cause of action he thinks he may have, the only advice I have for him is usually the only people who benefit from lawsuits are lawyers. They have actually made me quite comfortable, Ray. :biggrin: :ugeek: :wink: Bring it!
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:I'm starting to see a disturbing trend about holding grudges. For example, DCP holds grudges for years over perceived slights from Gerald Bradford, MsJack, BYU, Dr. Scratch, etc. It's beyond bizarre.

I think that parts of Christianity appeal to those that hold grudges, keep score, and want wrongs "righted" on a Judgment Day by the omniscient. (Not implying that all Christian aficionados are grudge-holders; other aspects appeal to other people as well.) At the same time, these Christians also want forgiveness through the Atonement for their own "sins" and others punished for theirs.

Growing up, a neighboring family included our stake president. Our families were friends until about the time I graduated high school and headed off for college. About that time, the social association ended. The stake president has since died. My mother ran across his widow at the local mall a couple of years later. The SP's widow, in her 80s, remarked how she hoped, given as much in life as she has foregone, that the LDS teachings are true and that she'll get a reward in the hereafter. Imagine if there is an afterlife and eternal rewards are meted out, and hers is no greater than what is received by others, those that enjoyed life to its fullest? The injustice of it all--'No one should be forgiven for any more sinning than me. Let's keep score, with grudges and all else that comes with it.'
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

I didn't know Ray A was Gay. After all he seems to be very interested in getting to your Ass.

Well, Live and Learn. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond James Bond »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:Folks, you just can't make this stuff up:

It's well known in some circles that Everybody Wang Chung is an elaborate hoax thought up by Dr. Dan Peterson. You're welcome Ray in solving the mystery.
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.
_suniluni2
_Emeritus

Post by _suniluni2 »

Life won't be the same without your ass.