If you offer a blessing on your food, Why do you do it?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Tim
_Emeritus

Re: If you offer a blessing on your food, Why do you do it?

Post by _Tim »

Jesus blessed the food when he fed the 5,000. So I follow his example and use it as an opportunity to express gratitude for our daily bread.
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

Tim wrote:Jesus blessed the food when he fed the 5,000. So I follow his example and use it as an opportunity to express gratitude for our daily bread.

You have 5,000 kids? You need a hobby....well....a different hobby.

True story, I was blessing the food one day and my kids said after the prayer "Daddy, instead of praying for the people less fortunate than us why don't we just give them some of our food? Theres always left overs." She had a point.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Imagine all the good we could do if we actually did things instead of leaving it to god. Don't get me started on temple work for the dead.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin