Duelists

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Duelists

Post by _Quasimodo »

Scratch and Daniel Peterson have been fighting an ongoing battle for many years. Long before I became a member of this board. Maybe even before this board existed. I don't know the origin of this battle, but, at this point, it doesn't really matter. I think the contest has become more important than the facts for Scratch and Peterson.

I suggest that Dr. Shades create a new forum dedicated to this single topic. Maybe we should call it "Dr. Scratch Peterson".

All defenders/ sock puppets could also post here to argue the various points of the two different views. No moderation.

Failing that, I suggest that Scratch and DCP go to the field and resolve this in the old, gentlemanly style of a duel. Swords, pistols, whatever. Each defending their honor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ksvHXBHH0
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Re: Duelists

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

I've met both DCP and Dr. Scratch, in real life. It wouldn't be much of a duel. Scratch is a pretty muscular guy.

It would be like drag racing a 2014 Lamborghini against a 1986 Dodge Neon.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:I've met both DCP and Dr. Scratch, in real life. It wouldn't be much of a duel. Scratch is a pretty muscular guy.

Since you have met them both in real life, I certainly hope you are not suggesting that DCP would not be a credible dueling opponent in such a match-up based upon his physical appearance.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Mr. Peterson thinking about Dr. Scratch:

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kent
_Emeritus

Post by _Kent »

Quasimodo wrote:I suggest that Dr. Shades create a new forum dedicated to this single topic.

You don't like the name it currently has, the Terrestrial Forum?
I see angry people.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Mr. Peterson thinking about Dr. Scratch:

Funny!
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Kent wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:I suggest that Dr. Shades create a new forum dedicated to this single topic.

You don't like the name it currently has, the Terrestrial Forum?

I just think that this particular duel deserves it's own particular forum. It tends to bleed over into other topics that don't deserve the derail.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:I've met both DCP and Dr. Scratch, in real life. It wouldn't be much of a duel. Scratch is a pretty muscular guy.

Obviously, pistols would be the smart choice for Dr. Peterson.

_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Quasimodo wrote:
Obviously, pistols would be the smart choice for Dr. Peterson.

Either pistols or a pie eating contest.

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014