Statistical Summary Year on Year.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Statistical Summary Year on Year.

Post by _Maksutov »

Interesting. But I have to confess, when I first clicked on the thread I thought it was titled "Satirical Summary Year on Year". :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

Bazooka wrote:An increase of 300,000 members but only 139 new congregations seems somewhat contradictory and indicates that activity and retention rates are still a problem.

Yeah, that averages to 2,158 members per congregation. Once again, the numbers the church puts out don't quite add up, and raise more questions than answers. They want to hide the number of defections by keeping "lost" members on the books until their 110th birthday. But they can only monkey with the numbers for so long before the truth starts to come out.
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

Blog post from one of our regulars here on why the increase in missionaries serving did not result in an increase in sales, er, converts:
http://www.withoutend.org/missionaries-%E2%89%A0-converts/
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo