Do Not Sustain LDS Leadership in Saturday Morning Session

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Re: Do Not Sustain LDS Leadership in Saturday Morning Sessio

Post by _sock puppet »

Nightlion wrote:The entire top 15 need to be voted out and then some.

I respectfully disagree. The top 15 are exactly what the LDS membership want, and need. People that do not want to think critically need idol/leaders that will do a lot of talking and tell them nothing. The top 15 are doing a damn fine job of just that.

GC is the greatest forum for lots of words that say nothing.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Nightlion wrote:You can still lend a hand and spread the world. I hear there is going to be a march around Temple Square at noon Saturday? Athiest? Exmos? What?
Bazooka wrote:Zionists....
Nightlion wrote:Nobody would notice one guy walking around Temple Square. :redface:

Nightlion, only those that are receptive to Zion would notice one guy, one true prophet, one of the Old Testament ilk walking around Temple Square. The others are just LDS zombies anyway.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Gadianton wrote:The problem is, Nightlion, if LDS attend the meeting and refrain from sustaining, they are still participating in the meeting within the bounds the Lord has established, thereby implicitly acknowledging the LDS Church's authority. And since you've instructed them to do this, you have implicitly acknowledged the authority of the LDS Church.

Wont mean they are not fallen. They will turn from hypocrisy and that is a good start down the road to repentance. After years of trying they will still have to ask for help from real experience.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

sock puppet wrote:
Nightlion wrote:You can still lend a hand and spread the world. I hear there is going to be a march around Temple Square at noon Saturday? Athiest? Exmos? What?
Bazooka wrote:Zionists....
Nightlion wrote:Nobody would notice one guy walking around Temple Square. :redface:

Nightlion, only those that are receptive to Zion would notice one guy, one true prophet, one of the Old Testament ilk walking around Temple Square. The others are just LDS zombies anyway.

No way man. I won't do the Isaiah open trap door shuffle. :confused:
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

Here's the problem with the sustaining vote...nobody counts the votes.
Oh sure, Dieter can see all the "Yes" raised hands immediately in front of him, but he has no clue how many people abstained or voted against whilst sat in their own homes. If the vote is important, the Church could send a voting slip (pre paid) to all the members on the records, which details the names of the General Authorities with three options to tick.For example:

Jeffrey R. Holland
[ ] For
[ ] Against
[ ] Abstain

When all the votes are handed in, anyone who hasn't returned their slip can be considered either dead or no longer a Mormon and so can be removed from the records.

Any General Authority who doesn't receive a majority "For" is removed of their stipend and holiday home with immediate effect.

If you take away the spoof element of my suggestion, if the leadership of the Church wanted to find out what members thought of them, a postal voting system would be the best way to go.

Sadly the sustaining vote is not for the benefit of the leader, it's for the person sticking their hand up as a subtle way of enforcing adherence.
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

For those of us laying in bed on Saturday morning watching General Conference, I wonder if they could simply ask for an uplift of toe.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

moksha wrote:For those of us laying in bed on Saturday morning watching General Conference, I wonder if they could simply ask for an uplift of toe.

Perhaps they'd count your morning wood as an affirmative....
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Bazooka wrote:
moksha wrote:For those of us laying in bed on Saturday morning watching General Conference, I wonder if they could simply ask for an uplift of toe.

Perhaps they'd count your morning wood as an affirmative....

That's a much better point.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace