Mormon Discussions
http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/

I don't think this board's for me...
http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2993
Page 3 of 3

Author:  LifeOnaPlate [ Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

guy sajer wrote:
LifeOnaPlate wrote:
Yeesh. First time poster here, just wanted to say you might be missed 'round these parts, Tal. I hope you aren't so bent up about it that you do something rash like blow yourself up, or anything.


Hey LifeOnaPlate, are you the same guy/gal posting over at Jazzfanz?

I'm a long-time browser over there, although I've never posted (my son posts there and I didn't want to impose myself on his fun, though I don't kow what moniker he uses).


One and the same; though I take a break in the off-season, for the most part. Who is your son?

Author:  barrelomonkeys [ Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

How did Wade chase him away? What did I miss?

Author:  Mercury [ Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

barrelomonkeys wrote:
How did Wade chase him away? What did I miss?


If that's what it takes to chase Bachman away then I guess he's a pussy.

Image

Oh Snap!
Damn Gina!

Author:  barrelomonkeys [ Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

tee hee.



*agreed*

Author:  barrelomonkeys [ Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

GOOOO WADE!
Image


Wade is ready
Wade is smooth
Wade will take control
And stomp all over you!

GOOOO WADE!

Author:  William Schryver [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:25 am ]
Post subject: 

The Dude wrote:
Yeah Tal. Don't let Wade be the reason you leave. Heaven forbid, don't leave us because you were offended by somebody. The board is perfect but the members aren't. ;)

Speak for yourself, stoner.

Author:  Blixa [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:47 am ]
Post subject: 

William Schryver wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Yeah Tal. Don't let Wade be the reason you leave. Heaven forbid, don't leave us because you were offended by somebody. The board is perfect but the members aren't. ;)

Speak for yourself, stoner.


That statement's hard to take seriously while you're using that avatar, Will.

Author:  Doctor Steuss [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:13 am ]
Post subject: 

[Deleted... Blixa has been careful not to say bad stuff about my man-crush, and I can extend her the same courtesy in return].

Author:  KimberlyAnn [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:35 am ]
Post subject: 

Doctor Steuss wrote:
[Deleted... Blixa has been careful not to say bad stuff about my man-crush, and I can extend her the same courtesy in return].


I think you are Blixa's man-crush, Studdly. ;)

Also, I doubt Will was referring to himself in his above post. I'm pretty sure he doesn't see himself as perfect. He must have been thinking of me. :P

His avatar definitely looks like a stoner, though. Blixa's right on there! (Who is it, by the way? Someone I should recognize?)

KA

Author:  William Schryver [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:17 am ]
Post subject: 

Blixa:

Quote:
That statement's hard to take seriously while you're using that avatar, Will.

I guess I should be careful to insert a “<grin>” when my tongue is placed in my cheek. The Dude knows I love him. Even if he is a stoner with an ugly rug. <grin>

KA:

Quote:
Also, I doubt Will was referring to himself in his above post. I'm pretty sure he doesn't see himself as perfect. He must have been thinking of me. :P

I’m perfect in my imperfection. You’re perfect in your black dress.

Quote:
His avatar definitely looks like a stoner, though. Blixa's right on there! (Who is it, by the way? Someone I should recognize?)

I’m hurt.

I threw away my ZigZags years ago.

And furthermore, I like my self-portrait. I’m quite sure I was completely sober when that photo was taken.

Author:  The Dude [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:35 am ]
Post subject: 

Stoner? Only on weekends.

What, isn't it Saturday yet? Get off my case, man.

William Schryver wrote:
And furthermore, I like my self-portrait. I’m quite sure I was completely sober when that photo was taken.


Get a load of the Jesus freak!

Author:  William Schryver [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:40 am ]
Post subject: 

The Dude wrote:
Stoner? Only on weekends.

What, isn't it Saturday yet? Get off my case, man.

William Schryver wrote:
And furthermore, I like my self-portrait. I’m quite sure I was completely sober when that photo was taken.


Get a load of the Jesus freak!

Funny you should say that. I was teaching a primary class at the time that photo was taken. (The bishop in our new ward wouldn't dare turn me loose on the adults at that point.) It was a class with 7 extremely rowdy 9-year-old boys and 2 shy girls. I had a great time dealing with them. The boys were really obedient after the first Sunday when I grabbed the worst offender and pressed him against the ceiling and told him he'd better behave or he wouldn't live through the day.

The mother of one of the girls came up to me the next Sunday and said that the little girl really liked her new teacher because "he looks just like Jesus."

Author:  KimberlyAnn [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:46 am ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
His avatar definitely looks like a stoner, though. Blixa's right on there! (Who is it, by the way? Someone I should recognize?)

Quote:
I’m hurt.

I threw away my ZigZags years ago.

And furthermore, I like my self-portrait. I’m quite sure I was completely sober when that photo was taken.


I was hoping that was you in your avatar, Will Schryver! It's so nice to know you don't look like an RM with a boring haircut and a smooth, hairless baby face! Ugh. You know, the standard Mormon guy look... Oh, wait! That picture could be old and you might now have the boring RM haircut. I sure hope not.

You're hurt by my saying you look like a stoner? I knew you were a cry-baby. Whaaaaaaaa! ;-P

KA

Author:  Blixa [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

It's true. Steuss is my official board man-crush. Off board, though, is a whole 'nother realm....(heh heh).

Author:  Yoda [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Blixa wrote:
It's true. Steuss is my official board man-crush. Off board, though, is a whole 'nother realm....(heh heh).


Bond is my official man-crush...or is he my boy crush....oh, well...it's all decadent.

;)

Author:  William Schryver [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

Oh, well TD. It looks like someone else gets the girls again and we're left alone with the rug and the bag ...

Hey, stop bogartin' that bone!

Author:  Blixa [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

You pic is very Jesus Boy. You know I'm just funnin' with you. Maybe I'll see you around while I'm in Utah (touch down 4:30 tomorrow afternoon! If I manage to drag my books across the skies...oof been packing all day).

Author:  mocnarf [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

Tal, I have to agree with many of the posters on this thread, If you are leaving this forum because of Wade or anyone else, then your being as ridiculous as the little boy who picks up his marbles and goes home because the game isn't going exactly the way he wants it to go. Don't be a nincompoop. Get your marbles and come back here to play.

Author:  William Schryver [ Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Blixa wrote:
You pic is very Jesus Boy. You know I'm just funnin' with you. Maybe I'll see you around while I'm in Utah (touch down 4:30 tomorrow afternoon! If I manage to drag my books across the skies...oof been packing all day).

Come to Cedar City. Seriously. There's so much to see and do down here. The Utah Shakespearean Festival (see here: http://www.bard.org) is doing The Tempest, Agatha Christie's Mousetrap, and also Yasmina Reza's Art (very, very funny -- although I'm pretty sure it'll be "R" rated.)

Then you can hie to Kolob (the Kolob section of Zion N.P.):
http://www.eschatos.org/Images/Kolob_01c.jpg

http://www.eschatos.org/Images/Kolob_02c.jpg

Or Cedar Breaks -- 15 minutes up the canyon:

http://www.eschatos.org/Images/Cedar%20Breaks%20NM.jpg



We'll show you a good time. ;-)

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/