I don't think this board's for me...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
User avatar
Blixa
God
Posts: 8381
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:45 am

Post by Blixa »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Tal,

Get back to doing what you do best. Making music. C'mon man!

by the way, I still do not see your recent CD on iTunes. The cult of Mac does not allow me to buy music any other way.


ORLY?

I've found other places to purchase music for my Mac. Try eMusic for starters. Then stop being a wuss and Limewire your s***.
Last edited by Blixa on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."

Sargon
Nursery
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Sargon »

Aren't you the guy who said he'd blow himself up if his mission president told him to?
Last edited by Sargon on Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
On my honor I will do my best to not make Fortigurn my mortal nemesis.

User avatar
Bond...James Bond
He-Who-Has-Not-Sinned (Recently)
Posts: 4627
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:49 pm

Post by Bond...James Bond »

Jersey Girl wrote:You don't sound like a total whiner, Tal. In the above, you sound like a complete and total arrogant ass.


Ditto
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14984
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Some Schmo »

Here's a word of advice:

Never announce you're leaving a message board. Most people realize it's a grab for attention because they know, 9 times out of 10, you'll be back. Plus, if you're going for the, "no no, please don't go" thing, and people start saying "good riddance", that can't be fun to hear.

It's kind of like committing suicide. People who really want to kill themselves climb up to the top of a building and jump off. They don't just threaten to kill themselves, they actually do it. People who threaten just want attention.

So either climb down off the ledge or jump. No grand announcements necessary.

Just thought I'd mention it.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.

Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Some Schmo wrote:Here's a word of advice:

Never announce you're leaving a message board. Most people realize it's a grab for attention because they know, 9 times out of 10, you'll be back. Plus, if you're going for the, "no no, please don't go" thing, and people start saying "good riddance", that can't be fun to hear.

It's kind of like committing suicide. People who really want to kill themselves climb up to the top of a building and jump off. They don't just threaten to kill themselves, they actually do it. People who threaten just want attention.

So either climb down off the ledge or jump. No grand announcements necessary.

Just thought I'd mention it.


You are a very wise man, Schmo!

;)

User avatar
Blixa
God
Posts: 8381
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:45 am

Post by Blixa »

Some Schmo wrote:Here's a word of advice:

Never announce you're leaving a message board. Most people realize it's a grab for attention because they know, 9 times out of 10, you'll be back. Plus, if you're going for the, "no no, please don't go" thing, and people start saying "good riddance", that can't be fun to hear.

It's kind of like committing suicide. People who really want to kill themselves climb up to the top of a building and jump off. They don't just threaten to kill themselves, they actually do it. People who threaten just want attention.

So either climb down off the ledge or jump. No grand announcements necessary.

Just thought I'd mention it.


Ha, ha. Plus its kinda like committing suicide over Wade. That's not a slam against Wade, either, but just think about it man.

Kinda puts it in perspective, no?
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."

marg

Post by marg »

Blixa wrote:
Ha, ha. Plus its kinda like committing suicide over Wade. That's not a slam against Wade, either, but just think about it man.

Kinda puts it in perspective, no?


Well no, I believe Tal mentioned the problem is not Wade but that others respond to Wade who writes plenty of posts which tend to be off topic to the main initial post . The threads lose focus and essentially nothing is accomplished.

Schmo wrote: So either climb down off the ledge or jump. No grand announcements necessary.


I agree with this for anonymous individuals, but I think people who present their real life identity to boards feel an obligation to explain if or why they intend to leave a board.

harmony
God
Posts: 18195
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by harmony »

marg wrote:I agree with this for anonymous individuals, but I think people who present their real life identity to boards feel an obligation to explain if or why they intend to leave a board.


Tal's left the board before, marg. Several times. We go for long periods of time without being blessed by his presence. And we still seem to muddle along, having our inconsequential conversations without him. We are definitely a strange group.

marg

Post by marg »

harmony wrote:
marg wrote:I agree with this for anonymous individuals, but I think people who present their real life identity to boards feel an obligation to explain if or why they intend to leave a board.


Tal's left the board before, marg. Several times. We go for long periods of time without being blessed by his presence. And we still seem to muddle along, having our inconsequential conversations without him. We are definitely a strange group.


Really he's announced before he's leaving? I know this is incidental but when?

harmony
God
Posts: 18195
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by harmony »

marg wrote:
harmony wrote:
marg wrote:I agree with this for anonymous individuals, but I think people who present their real life identity to boards feel an obligation to explain if or why they intend to leave a board.


Tal's left the board before, marg. Several times. We go for long periods of time without being blessed by his presence. And we still seem to muddle along, having our inconsequential conversations without him. We are definitely a strange group.


Really he's announced before he's leaving? I know this is incidental but when?


I didn't say he'd announced anything before. I said he'd left before.

To be quite honest, I don't read him that much (he's not to my taste and we tend to not argue the same issues), so I don't know if he's announced his leaving prior to yesterday. I'm not seeing why this matters, but obviously it does.

User avatar
LifeOnaPlate
God
Posts: 2799
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:50 am

Post by LifeOnaPlate »

Tal Bachman wrote:Well that was brilliant, Nehor. Unreal.

Dude - it isn't just because of Wade; and of course I could ignore him. But it's awfully tough, and obviously, it's very tough for lots of others, and that's really the problem - all of us. We can't ignore the guy who keeps saying, "two plus two doesn't really equal four!"; and a lot of the threads which have topics I'm interested in turn into a trip to "WadeLand", and I don't know...I know I sound impatient or petty, but I just can't stomach it. It's too irritating and just....like...not what I really want. I want hardcore meat, not more asylum jibber-jabber, or making fun of the r____ kid or something...after all, Wade probably doesn't have a malicious bone in his body anyway. How could he with arguments like his? At their best, they sound almost cute.

And since I already sound like a total whiner, I might as well say that I don't think I've ever seen one single Mormon poster on here who didn't sound like a complete moron, with the semi-exception of Coggins7, who at least seems to have gotten to the point of pseudo-clarity right before it all starts to unravel. Gazelam seems nice, but you can't get anything more out of him than you could get out of any "keener" teacher's quorum president.

Is there some better board, Dude?



Yeesh. First time poster here, just wanted to say you might be missed 'round these parts, Tal. I hope you aren't so bent up about it that you do something rash like blow yourself up, or anything.

User avatar
guy sajer
God
Posts: 1372
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:16 pm

Post by guy sajer »

LifeOnaPlate wrote:Yeesh. First time poster here, just wanted to say you might be missed 'round these parts, Tal. I hope you aren't so bent up about it that you do something rash like blow yourself up, or anything.


Hey LifeOnaPlate, are you the same guy/gal posting over at Jazzfanz?

I'm a long-time browser over there, although I've never posted (my son posts there and I didn't want to impose myself on his fun, though I don't kow what moniker he uses).
God . . . "who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, . . . and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him ..."

User avatar
Gazelam
Lightbearer
Posts: 5659
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:06 pm

Post by Gazelam »

Whats a keener?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato

harmony
God
Posts: 18195
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by harmony »

Gazelam wrote:Whats a keener?


Not "a" keener; just keener. As in... cooler... radder... awesomer...

*sigh* It's a generational linguist gap, Gazelam. Just go with the flow.

User avatar
The Nehor
God
Posts: 11832
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:05 pm

Post by The Nehor »

Sargon wrote:Aren't you the guy who said he'd blow himself up if his mission president told him to?


You say jump, I ask, "Where's the cliff?"
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo

User avatar
solomarineris
God
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:51 pm

Ta, you left RFM, you leave here..?... for a weasel's sake?

Post by solomarineris »

bonne chance! My friend...
sounds pathetic.
PS: I was wondering why you left RFM so unceremoniously.
Now I have an idea.

User avatar
CaliforniaKid
God
Posts: 4247
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:47 am

Post by CaliforniaKid »

The Nehor wrote:
Sargon wrote:Aren't you the guy who said he'd blow himself up if his mission president told him to?


You say jump, I ask, "Where's the cliff?"


That deserves a "lol".

Polygamy Porter
God
Posts: 2204
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:04 am

Post by Polygamy Porter »

Blixa wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:Tal,

Get back to doing what you do best. Making music. C'mon man!

by the way, I still do not see your recent CD on iTunes. The cult of Mac does not allow me to buy music any other way.


ORLY?

I've found other places to purchase music for my Mac. Try eMusic for starters. Then stop being a wuss and Limewire your s***.
Hmmmphh! I am from the cult of Mac and will NOT purchase music ANY OTHER way. You are an apostate!

As for STEALING music via SLIMEwire, I will say no. I am not going to expect the musicians of the world to work for free, and most street musicians suck.

Sides, $.99 for a song is a sweet deal.
Last edited by Polygamy Porter on Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ray A

Re: I don't think this board's for me...

Post by Ray A »

Tal Bachman wrote:Perhaps this dynamic is inevitable. People who spend their entire lives without romantic intimacy in service to a transparently fraudulent cult, and who talk about how they might not actually be conscious, and who can so frequently, and with such apparent earnestness, so misunderstand things and say such incredibly asinine things, are a rare find.


Not at all. It's just another "rare moment" for you to attack anything Mormon, like myself and Wade in this case. I shouldn't be so harsh. A real rarity is one who would be a suicide bomber for Mormonism. What a gem you are. And from this, you deduct that all Mormons are like this. "All Indians walk single file. At least the one I saw did."

User avatar
bcspace
God
Posts: 18536
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:48 pm

Post by bcspace »

Perhaps Tal has surpassed us all by taking advantage of one of these two offers...

Grow an A+ brain in 30 days.

Or

Double your I.Q. or no money back.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
A lesson on 'Faggotry' for Kevin Graham; a legitimately descriptive and even positive term used by homosexuals themselves.

User avatar
Gazelam
Lightbearer
Posts: 5659
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:06 pm

Post by Gazelam »

harmony wrote:
Gazelam wrote:Whats a keener?


Not "a" keener; just keener. As in... cooler... radder... awesomer...

*sigh* It's a generational linguist gap, Gazelam. Just go with the flow.


Ahh... I see now, thank you Harmony.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZCaesar, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Philo Sofee and 64 guests