It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Let Women Pray in General Conference | Facebook
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:38 am 
God

MsJack wrote:
Quote:
Sources from within the COB have confirmed to me that after several months of heated pressure from activists and outsiders alike, the church will finally allow a woman to give a prayer at conference. In addition to the closing prayer of the first session, a woman will also be permitted to give the opening prayer of the closing session.

I cannot and will not reveal my source in this matter, but it may also drop soon in the SL Trib, though the church is being careful with how they make the information available, as they wish to avoid as best they can any connections to the recent feminists movements calling for change.

I really hope this is true. If the church lets women pray in Conference, that will make for two positive, visible changes in favor of women in the past year (letting sisters serve missions at age 19 being the other one).

I don't think the church should be ashamed of ties to the recent feminist movements. Faithful members pointed out an arbitrary and sexist policy. If the church listens and changes that policy, it will be a good thing, not a bad.

However, I'm going to exercise skepticism towards these rumors until I actually see it.

This would be yet another example of activism in society leading to change within the Church.
The Church is between a rock and a hard place:
Rock. Don't make changes as a result of societal pressures and activism within the Church and the Church becomes more and more a fringe cult with less and less membership.
Hard Place. Do make changes as a result of societal pressures and activism with the Church and the Church is seen to be progressive, but also subconsciously is conceding that social pressure and activism is the way to get things changed in the Church.

God has worked Himself into a difficult position. He needs to get ahead of the social and scientific development curves before He gets labelled "a follower of fashion".

Post subject: Re: Let Women Pray in General Conference | Facebook
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:40 am 
God

why me wrote:
Polygamy-Porter wrote:

Would you like to see them not wear bras?

Why not? However, there should still be modesty

Danger Will Robinson !....

What happens if someone turns the A/C up, the building gets cold, and The Brethren are looking at a sea of High Beams?