My son: future apologist?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

My son: future apologist?

Post by _Runtu »

This morning at 6:30, my youngest asked me if I would get him some ice cream from the freezer. I told him that ice cream is not an appropriate breakfast food.

A few minutes later, I found him in the kitchen, struggling to scoop some ice cream out of the container. I said again that I didn't want him eating ice cream for breakfast.

"But Dad," he said. "I'm not having this for breakfast. I already ate breakfast. This is just a snack."
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Smart kid! LOL

It reminds me of the "Bill Cosby Himself" tape where his little girl wants chocolate cake for breakfast, and then he remembers that there is milk, eggs, and wheat in the chocolate cake ingredients and says it's ok! LOL
_wenglund
_Emeritus

Re: My son: future apologist?

Post by _wenglund »

Runtu wrote:This morning at 6:30, my youngest asked me if I would get him some ice cream from the freezer. I told him that ice cream is not an appropriate breakfast food.

A few minutes later, I found him in the kitchen, struggling to scoop some ice cream out of the container. I said again that I didn't want him eating ice cream for breakfast.

"But Dad," he said. "I'm not having this for breakfast. I already ate breakfast. This is just a snack."

Would you have thought him a future ex-Mormon were he to have instead said: "I don't believe in breakfast anymore, dad. I am much happier now that I am eat ice cream." ;-)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: My son: future apologist?

Post by _moksha »

wenglund wrote:
Runtu wrote:This morning at 6:30, my youngest asked me if I would get him some ice cream from the freezer. I told him that ice cream is not an appropriate breakfast food.

Would you have thought him a future ex-Mormon were he to have instead said: "I don't believe in breakfast anymore, dad. I am much happier now that I am eat ice cream." ;-)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Or if he spoke of ice cream as the One True breakfast food?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I don't know whats funnier, the original story or the responses !

Good Stuff
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato