It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: La Trahison Des Clercs in the Fulness of Times
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:42 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

Droopy wrote:
Quote:
Are you too delicate to use the word?

No, just too mature.

Droopy wrote:

I know, r*****. That's what I said.

Yes, it does, r*****. I know that too.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25060&start=84&hilit=r*****&p=618215&view=show#p618215

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:43 pm 
θεά

Droopy wrote:
I'm not smearing you. Unlike most here, I'm not into that. All I've ever pointed out is that your misogyny charge against Will was manufactured from a preexisting feminist ideological template in which the bar for such a charge, as in other cultural Marxist sects, is so low that one can quite easily step over it without any perceptible effort. The claim had no basis in any actual documentary evidence or posting history you ever produced.

That's all.

Earth to Droopy:

It is misogynist to tell a woman to take her fat ass back into the kitchen and whip you up a batch of cookies. It doesn't take a Marxist or feminist template to see that.

That's all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:44 pm 
Seedy Academician

MsJack wrote:
Earth to Droopy:

It is misogynist to tell a woman to take her fat ass back into the kitchen and whip you up a batch of cookies. It doesn't take a Marxist or feminist template to see that.

That's all.

I wonder whether Droopy complains of his wife's Marxist template when she asks him to take out the garbage in the morning.

"I don't profess to be such a Prophet as were Joseph Smith and Daniel; but I am a Yankee guesser." ~Brigham Young

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:45 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:

Quote:
I know, r*****. That's what I said.

Yes, it does, r*****. I know that too.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25060&start=84&hilit=r*****&p=618215&view=show#p618215

I've never used four letter words here, and although I've used the common term for one's derriere, I avoid it unless much more extremely provoked.

On the other hand, I've never been averse to calling things as I see them.

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:47 pm 
Seedy Academician

Droopy wrote:
I've never used four letter words here, and although I've used the common term for one's derriere, I avoid it unless much more extremely provoked.

What a phony.

"I don't profess to be such a Prophet as were Joseph Smith and Daniel; but I am a Yankee guesser." ~Brigham Young

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:52 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

Droopy wrote:

You certainly have called things as you see them vis-à-vis the history of Korean martial arts and recent Supreme Court decisions---with decisive authoritativeness and derision of those who proved you wrong, I might add.

So "things as you see them" leaves a bit to be desired. But in any case, Jesus---you know, the guy who said not to say "raca" to people---doesn't like it if you say the "s" word, but doesn't mind if you call people retards. Is that the principle of the Restored Gospel we take away from your statement?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:59 pm 
God

Quote:
Earth to Droopy:

That's all.

No, its not. Its rude and uncivil (this board seems to bring that out in even the best of us), but hardly misogynous. Misogyny is the disrespect and hatred of woman qua woman; woman as a class. It is not, of itself, rude, uncouth, or insulting language directed at specific woman in an attempt to get their goat, and it is intellectually unethical and irrational to use it in that manner

The problem here, Jack, is that as a radical feminist, you see, like all cultural Marxists of whatever particular variation on the core theme, all social/cultural patterns and personal behavior through a collectivist ideological template. You have learned to label and classify anyone who deviates from the boundaries set by the necessities of feminist ideological purity on that basis.

In the same way, anyone who opposes Affirmative Action on principle can be labeled a racist, and anyone in line at an airport who notices erratic or suspicious behavior by anyone who looks like they are of Middle Eastern descent an xenophobe. Anyone who espouses principled disagreement with the homosexual lifestyle and/or political movement, is labeled and their views medicalized as mentally disordered - as a homophobe.

While misogyny is a legitimate psychological and conceptual category, it becomes nothing more that a capricious and selectively guided weapon of culture war in the hands of a "progressive" ideologue, just as terms such as racist, sexist, fascist, bigot, hate and Nazi have lost all substantive meaning at the hands of the academic Left.

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by Droopy on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:01 pm 
God

Droopy wrote:

Everyone, from Wade to myself and Will, admitted there had been some over the top ad hominem language in a tiny, disparate part of Will's long posting history.

And that's everyone qua everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:04 pm 
God

Blixa wrote:
Droopy wrote:

Everyone, from Wade to myself and Will, admitted there had been some over the top ad hominem language in a tiny, disparate part of Will's long posting history.

Well, uh...

Hardly.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:07 pm 
Seedy Academician

Blixa wrote:
Droopy wrote:

Ha!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 pm 
God

Quote:
So "things as you see them" leaves a bit to be desired. But in any case, Jesus---you know, the guy who said not to say "raca" to people---doesn't like it if you say the "s" word, but doesn't mind if you call people retards. Is that the principle of the Restored Gospel we take away from your statement?

This is one of the classic tactics of the demagogue: make people angry by viciously attacking them on a relentless basis, and when they shoot back, attack them again for not being mild little lambs ambling, head bowed, to the slaughter.

Why don't you just admit that you can get away with saying anything you please, but I'm not supposed to say anything back with any sternness or negative personal observation, of any kind, no matter what names I'm called or what smears and cut downs come my way.

You're overwhelming concern for the welfare of my soul and the rigor with which I live gospel teachings is deeply touching, Darth.

Darth...yeah, very symbolic screen name, that.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:10 pm 
Seedy Academician

Droopy wrote:
No, its not. Its rude and uncivil (this board seems to bring that out in even the best of us), but hardly misogynous....

So, when you call the guy working the fastfood window at MickeyDee's a "lazy n-word" for taking too long with your Big Mac, that's just you being rude and uncivil, because you're not a racist.

Am I following?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:10 pm 
God

Quote:

Ha!

These boots are made for walkin'...

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:11 pm 
Seedy Academician

Droopy wrote:
These boots are made for walkin'...

Are those boots qua boots?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:11 pm 
God

Quote:
So, when you call the guy working the fastfood window at MickeyDee's a "lazy n-word" for taking too long with your Big Mac, that's just you being rude and uncivil, because you're not a racist.

Am I following?

Care to detox first and then try that again?

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:12 pm 
Seedy Academician

Droopy wrote:

Care to answer the question?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:13 pm 
God

Kishkumen wrote:
Droopy wrote:

Care to answer the question?

I'd love to, but I have no idea what on earth you're talking about.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:14 pm 
Seedy Academician

Droopy wrote:
I'd love to, but I have no idea what on earth your talking about.

In other words, you can't truly claim that Will is not a misogynist with a straight face, because you know you are wrong or simply lying.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:27 pm 
God

Kishkumen wrote:
Droopy wrote:
I'd love to, but I have no idea what on earth your talking about.

In other words, you can't truly claim that Will is not a misogynist with a straight face, because you know you are wrong or simply lying.

Using the "N" word at the drive-through window cannot be used to adjudge whether one is using it to mean blacks as a class, or a particular kind of black person with specific kinds of attitudes and mannerisms, i.e. the way it is used by many blacks (such as one good friend of mine) within black culture, at least here in the South.

In other words, your argument here is equally applicable to your own and Jeffrie's claims. This is the problem with leftist's little black back of ists and isms; they're labels used to silence and censor, not specific descriptive terms used judiciously to clarify concepts.

- Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:47 pm 
Seedy Academician

Droopy wrote:
Using the "N" word at the drive-through window cannot be used to adjudge whether one is using it to mean blacks as a class, or a particular kind of black person with specific kinds of attitudes and mannerisms, i.e. the way it is used by many blacks (such as one good friend of mine) within black culture, at least here in the South.

In other words, your argument here is equally applicable to your own and Jeffrie's claims. This is the problem with leftist's little black back of ists and isms; they're labels used to silence and censor, not specific descriptive terms used judiciously to clarify concepts.

Wow.

Er... thanks (I guess?) for the "clarification" of your position.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:49 pm 
God

Kishkumen wrote:
Droopy wrote:

Wow.

Er... thanks (I guess?) for the "clarification" of your position.

Yes, as a liberal I knew this would be well outside your range.

- Thomas Sowell

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next