It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Peterson, Hamblin, Schryver Online Antics: Request for H
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:02 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

This whole expedition looking for Schryver saying naughty words simply proves a truism in LDS culture:

It's perfectly fine to be an asshole, but it's really bad to say the word.

You'll notice that Ludd, with his Pavlovian response to the mention of Schryver's name, is only on the hunt for Schryver saying vulgar words. Ludd still doen't seem to think that the ludicrous substance of Schryver's various theories will be of interest to his mysterious overlords.

My point in putting up those statements (statements that MsJack and others have also pointed out) is that there's no reason to take Schryver seriously. He's a delusional crank as far as his theories go, and his insipid online persona makes him a horrible ambassador for Mormons. And yet his fanboys from Greg Smith on down think he's the Batman of Book of Abraham apologetics, saving the faith while getting vigilante justice on the infidels. But it's like Commissioner Gordon said: Schryver is the hero Mopologetics deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:38 pm 
God

Darth J wrote:
This whole expedition looking for Schryver saying naughty words simply proves a truism in LDS culture:

It's perfectly fine to be an asshole, but it's really bad to say the word.

You'll notice that Ludd, with his Pavlovian response to the mention of Schryver's name, is only on the hunt for Schryver saying vulgar words. Ludd still doen't seem to think that the ludicrous substance of Schryver's various theories will be of interest to his mysterious overlords.

My point in putting up those statements (statements that MsJack and others have also pointed out) is that there's no reason to take Schryver seriously. He's a delusional crank as far as his theories go, and his insipid online persona makes him a horrible ambassador for Mormons. And yet his fanboys from Greg Smith on down think he's the Batman of Book of Abraham apologetics, saving the faith while getting vigilante justice on the infidels. But it's like Commissioner Gordon said: Schryver is the hero Mopologetics deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Ooh, Batman quotes. Cool. Here's one that applies to the mopes:
"Maybe it’s time we stop trying to outsmart the truth and let it have its day."--Alfred Pennyworth.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:25 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

Equality wrote:
Ooh, Batman quotes. Cool. Here's one that applies to the mopes:
"Maybe it’s time we stop trying to outsmart the truth and let it have its day."--Alfred Pennyworth.

Nice job.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:48 pm 
High Priest

Ludd wrote:
I think the real problem is that harmony dislikes women, or rather, being a woman. She resents the fact (as she sees it) that she was born into an inferior (as she sees it) role, body, status, etc.

Of course, she's really not that uncommon in this respect. Modern feminism has now produced at least three generations littered with self-loathing women. It's one of the great tragedies of our times, if you ask me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You're the toughest talking blowhard of a bitch I've ever seen.

"Grrrrrrr ... put up or shut up! Grrrrrrr ... I'm so intimidating when I snarl ..."

:lol:!

OK, you gnarly, snarly wench you, here's some scriptural references for you. Go educate yourself about the law of the celestial kingdom"
How are the quotes listed above significantly worse than calling Emma a "champion bitch"? Calling a woman a "bitch" in the context used above is misogynistic regardless of whether she's dead or alive.

I think the fact that you're downplaying the reprehensible thing Schryver said about Emma is yet even more evidence that you are, in fact, Schryver.

I haven't been on this board since before you started posting here as "William Schryver," so I've read all your posts in one go. It's astonishing to me that you have absolutely no idea what a freak you are.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:38 am 
God

Ludd wrote:
Not that I saw. Not on this thread. Not on MsJack's misogyny thread. Not on the vulgar scatologist thread. I think you're mistaken. This is the first I had seen any of the posts I quoted above.

A true statement would be: "This is the first I had seen any of the posts I quoted above since I wrote them."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:12 am 
God

[quote="Elphaba"]
I haven't been on this board since before you started posting here as "William Schryver," so I've read all your posts in one go. It's astonishing to me that you have absolutely no idea what a freak you are.[/quote]

And that is the basis of Will's problem. If such an idea actually took root in his brain, we'd see apologies and acknowledgement. Since we don't, we know it hasn't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19