It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Peterson, Hamblin, Schryver Online Antics: Request for H
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:07 pm 
God

Ludd wrote:
You people are giving Mormon apostates a really bad name. You're the biggest pack of liars I've ever seen.

Meh. I don't lie. Never have in the short time I've been here. There's no need to lie.

If you think these guys have been all sweetness and light that's your opinion but it's not mine.

"¡No contaban con mi astucia!" -- El Chapulin Colorado

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:17 pm 
God

Ludd wrote:
[ You're clearly a liar Doctor Kishkumen.

You are clearly exceedingly confused. The particular conspiracy theory positing that Kishkumen and Dr. Scratch are one and the same has a minuscule number of adherents. By this slip of the tongue, you have made it much easier for people to surmise who is controlling this sock puppet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:48 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Ludd wrote:
I read the thread you linked where Schryver has supposedly done this. You're clearly a liar Doctor Kishkumen. Schryver was saying exactly the opposite[/i] of what you claim. [b]Exactly the opposite! He wasn't encouraging the rumors. He was making fun of them and of you.

Evidence for this? I see you claiming that this is what he was doing (what, can you read minds?), but I've yet to see you present any evidence that it's so. It seems that truth is in short supply with you, Mr. Ludd.

And isn't it interesting how torqued you get whenever this subject comes up...

Of course, Will could very easily surface and dispel these rumors, but of course he won't.

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:36 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Hi Ludd,

People at the MD&D board call this place "the board that shall not be named" and "the Trailer Park." They seem to think that there is something wrong with this message board.

I, however, have never encountered anything offensive here. Will you please provide me with some examples of bad behavior on this site?

--Brother of Jerry, Recovery from Mormonism

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:23 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Hi Ludd,

People at the MD&D board call this place "the board that shall not be named" and "the Trailer Park." They seem to think that there is something wrong with this message board.

Quote:
selek1, on 05 July 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:
McCraney's audience (and Dehlin's, and so on, and so on) are not there for the discussion, but for the spectacle. (Ironically, that's the main draw of the Trailer Park and a lot of the ex-Mormon boards).
Hey... I found the trailer park!

Posted Image
Send in the Danites!

Be sure to check out the pic.

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/58291-shawn-mcraney-begs-for-an-apologistscholar-to-come-on-the-show/page__st__140

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:55 am 
Founder & Visionary

Ludd wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Why don't we shift the discussion over to something more intriguing--namely, the reasons why you (i.e., Will Schryver) have encouraged the rumors about your alleged relationship to Hugh Nibley? Tell us: What will happen to you if this winds up getting confirmed?

I read the thread you linked where Schryver has supposedly done this. You're clearly a liar Doctor Kishkumen. Schryver was saying exactly the opposite of what you claim. Exactly the opposite! He wasn't encouraging the rumors. He was making fun of them and of you.

That makes no sense. Why would Will make fun of rumors that he himself started?

cwald wrote:

Thanks, cwald, but I'm hoping that Ludd can identify offensive things stated on this board.

--Brother of Jerry, Recovery from Mormonism

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:31 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Hi Ludd,

I, however, have never encountered anything offensive here. Will you please provide me with some examples of bad behavior on this site?

I would like to see this too, I've never seen anything by posters on this board that is any more offensive than the quotes from Will in the two threads that quote him. Please show how any poster here is more offensive that Will.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:59 am 
God

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:

Someone should keep a master list of the Schryver sockpuppets. The ones I remember were Mattie and Nomad.

--Nomad
--Wheat
--Silver Hammer
--Ludd
--Provis
--Chozah
--Opie Rockwell

And there are probably others.

Can't say I've followed him closely but hasn't Ludd implied he is not LDS? Have Will's previous sockpuppets done the same? Just wondering because it seems to me that it occurs to Will that it might be bad for the church to be a nasty LDS sockpuppet as opposed to a nasty non-LDS sockpuppet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:31 am 
God

cafe crema wrote:

Can't say I've followed him closely but hasn't Ludd implied he is not LDS? Have Will's previous sockpuppets done the same? Just wondering because it seems to me that it occurs to Will that it might be bad for the church to be a nasty LDS sockpuppet as opposed to a nasty non-LDS sockpuppet.

His sock puppets often try to present as neutral, but he has used at least one sock puppet that was supposedly out or on the way out of the church: provis.

After what transpired on the Scatology thread, I have zero doubt that ludd is yet another Will sock puppet.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:28 am 
Seedy Academician

beastie wrote:
His sock puppets often try to present as neutral, but he has used at least one sock puppet that was supposedly out or on the way out of the church: provis.

After what transpired on the Scatology thread, I have zero doubt that ludd is yet another Will sock puppet.

In his dealings with Dan Vogel as both Provis and himself, he pretty much showed the ability to deal in two completely contradictory ways at the same time.

I don't say this to criticize him, but only to say that Will's actual beliefs are clearly not an impediment to him playing Ludd and Carton here for his own amusement and self-defense.

"I don't profess to be such a Prophet as were Joseph Smith and Daniel; but I am a Yankee guesser." ~Brigham Young

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:43 pm 
Savior (resurrected)

Dr. Shades wrote:
Well, there *was* the mandatory auto-korrekt... :smile:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:52 am 
2nd Counselor

I want to thank DarthJ for actually going to the effort to assemble some examples of offensive Schryver posts. But he put them in another thread instead of here where they belong.

These aren't exactly what I expected when I asked for examples of his offensive online behavior, but they are very interesting and I think they are also very revealing of Schryver's mentality.

Bob Loblaw made a very good observations about Schryver's posts:

Quote:
He thinks that being critical of his behavior is the same as anti-Mormonism.

link

Here are some of the good posts that DarthJ found:

Quote:
William Schryver wrote:

I think the real problem is that harmony dislikes women, or rather, being a woman. She resents the fact (as she sees it) that she was born into an inferior (as she sees it) role, body, status, etc.

Of course, she's really not that uncommon in this respect. Modern feminism has now produced at least three generations littered with self-loathing women. It's one of the great tragedies of our times, if you ask me.

link

Quote:
William Schryver wrote:

You're the toughest talking blowhard of a bitch I've ever seen.

"Grrrrrrr ... put up or shut up! Grrrrrrr ... I'm so intimidating when I snarl ..."

:lol:!

OK, you gnarly, snarly wench you, here's some scriptural references for you. Go educate yourself about the law of the celestial kingdom"

link

Quote:
You see, I don’t care in the least about your bawdy sins. Nor am I interested in whatever “punishment” they might merit.

No, what fills me with the thrill of anticipation is the thought of the mighty Jehovah finally smacking down the pride and haughty looks of the arrogant bastards, like you, who have been mocking the Saints from the balconies of the great and spacious building since time immemorial. I couldn’t care less what they do behind the closed doors of their penthouse suites. But I am greatly offended—viscerally outraged—at how the meek and humble followers of Christ have been mocked and ridiculed throughout the ages by people like those of you who continue the apostate tradition on this message board.

The Lord has patiently enjoined His Saints to leave vengeance to Him. And we have patiently done so.

link

This last post is a good example of something I have also observed in many of Schryver's posts: he seems to believe he is kind of a "prophet to the apostates". Like Samuel the Lamanite calling all of the apostates to repentance before they are destroyed at the second coming. Repent or be hewn down, ye heathen! That seems quite delusional to me, and I wonder if his "handlers" among the old FARMS group are aware of it? I would think they would be more concerned about this aspect of his psyche than whether or not he called Emma Smith a "champion bitch". Mormons will generally tolerate and turn a blind eye on the J. Golden Kimball types among them, but they are usually very wary of psycho would-be prophet types who believe they have some received some special personal calling or revelation.

Anyway, thanks Darth. You've been the first person to do what I was asking for with this thread. I hope if you find any more of these kinds of posts that you will post them in this thread.

Last edited by Ludd on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:56 am 
God

Ludd wrote:
Anyway, thanks Darth. You've been the first person to do what I was asking for with this thread. I hope if you find any more of these kinds of posts that you will post them in this thread.

All these quotes had been provided before.

"¡No contaban con mi astucia!" -- El Chapulin Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 am 
2nd Counselor

Bob Loblaw wrote:
Ludd wrote:

All these quotes had been provided before.

Not that I saw. Not on this thread. Not on MsJack's misogyny thread. Not on the vulgar scatologist thread. I think you're mistaken. This is the first I had seen any of the posts I quoted above.

edit: I think you're right about the "blowhard of a bitch" quote. The others I had never seen before now.

Last edited by Ludd on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 am 
Seedy Academician

Ludd wrote:

Teacher gives you an "A," Darth.

I give him an "F" for being lazy and asking others to do his homework for him.

"I don't profess to be such a Prophet as were Joseph Smith and Daniel; but I am a Yankee guesser." ~Brigham Young

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:06 am 
2nd Counselor

Kishkumen wrote:
Ludd wrote:

Teacher gives you an "A," Darth.

I give him an "F" for being lazy and asking others to do his homework for him.

Doctor Kishkumen:

How do you propose I was supposed to be able to find those quotes among the thousands that Schryver has posted here? What should I have searched for to find the one about harmony hating women? Or the one about "the Almighty Jehovah" destroying the apostates?

Seriously. Remember that I was never around when Schryver was posting here. So how was I supposed to find these kinds of things?

At any rate, I hope that if anyone finds anything more along the lines of "Schryver the Prophet to the Apostates" they will post it here. That kind of stuff is, in my opinion, much more interesting than the "Emma Smith is champion bitch" stuff, for the reason I stated above.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:29 am 
θεά

Half of the quotes Darth J just added to the "vulgar scattologist" thread were in my misogyny thread, including the "harmony dislikes women/being a woman" quote.

Trolling sock puppet is trolling.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:02 am 
Seedy Academician

MsJack wrote:
Trolling sock puppet is trolling.

Amen.

Boring.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:03 am 
Seedy Academician

Ludd wrote:
At any rate, I hope that if anyone finds anything more along the lines of "Schryver the Prophet to the Apostates" they will post it here. That kind of stuff is, in my opinion, much more interesting than the "Emma Smith is champion bitch" stuff, for the reason I stated above.

Sure, Will. It is obviously more appealing to be a "prophet to the apostates" in your circles than just a guy who is a clubfooted misogynist.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:25 pm 
Kishkumen wrote:
Ludd wrote:

Sure, Will. It is obviously more appealing to be a "prophet to the apostates" in your circles than just a guy who is a clubfooted misogynist.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:38 pm 
God

Bret Ripley wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:
Well, there *was* the mandatory auto-korrekt... :smile:

God, I love you.

Sorry, Shades, but I have read offensive stuff here. Good grief. Are you serious? Do you not remember Derek?

~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next