It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Evidence that OMIDs are resurrecting an independent FARM
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:21 pm 
God

Doctor Scratch wrote:
I would, once again, urge caution and skepticism here--cooler heads will prevail. Of course Dougls K. Christenson and others want to fantasize about having a brand-new FARMS right away, but the "lower tier" Mopologists need to remember that line from DCP's MDD message: he said that "administrators" were concerned about some of his words and actions. Was a dossier prepared on him? If all the recent events really were connected into the decision-making process at Church headquarters, then I would imagine that the Brethren will forbid him from participating in something like a new FARMS.

I agree. The "s" in administrators stood out like a sore thumb when I first read it. This story has the potential of going national and could bring further embarrasment to the LDS church. The Obama team is going to look at this.

Paul O

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:49 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Shulem wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:
I would, once again, urge caution and skepticism here--cooler heads will prevail. Of course Dougls K. Christenson and others want to fantasize about having a brand-new FARMS right away, but the "lower tier" Mopologists need to remember that line from DCP's MDD message: he said that "administrators" were concerned about some of his words and actions. Was a dossier prepared on him? If all the recent events really were connected into the decision-making process at Church headquarters, then I would imagine that the Brethren will forbid him from participating in something like a new FARMS.

I agree. The "s" in administrators stood out like a sore thumb when I first read it. This story has the potential of going national and could bring further embarrasment to the LDS church. The Obama team is going to look at this.

Paul O

I think you're right, Paul. And on second consideration, I bet that one thing that was of major administrative concern was the fact that, in his email, Dan threatened to lead funds away from BYU. That's likely to raise pretty big concerns for admin at any level--including at Church Headquarters.

"[T]here I was with this...anti-Mormon, and we went at it for a long time and by the time I went to the pageant and sat down, the steam was coming out of my ears. I don’t remember anything about the pageant...I was so furious at some of the things he had said." DCP, FAIR Conference 2013

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:21 pm 
God

Doctor Scratch wrote:
I think you're right, Paul. And on second consideration, I bet that one thing that was of major administrative concern was the fact that, in his email, Dan threatened to lead funds away from BYU. That's likely to raise pretty big concerns for admin at any level--including at Church Headquarters.

I have to wonder if Dan allowed his better half (wife) to proofread his nasty email before he actually sent it. And he should have consulted a lawyer. It's bolder than bold on his part and I think he miscalculated and it will ultimately cost him serious future personal income. He acted like a dodo and should have remained cool and at least act like he wanted to help.

The Obama team will look at this. If there is anyway to discredit Romney's background or connections with BYU through public scandal they will do so. National politics is the dirtiest game around and has the highest stakes. The powers that generate these elections are the strongest on earth with ungodly amounts of money to play with.

Paul O