It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Would it bother you if...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:27 pm 
God

...you entered the gates to heaven and found Heavenly Father wearing high heels and a floral skirt?

Why or why not?

-please assume Heavenly Father and heaven are real.

Thanks!

Zee.

The Holy Sacrament.

Post subject: Re: Would it bother you if...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:34 pm 
Sunbeam

Would he be holding a martini, my slippers, and the newspaper? :)

But in answer to your question ... no. Not one bit. I'd be so distracted by the fact that I was dead I probably wouldn't notice were he wearing lingerie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:31 am 
God

If true, I'd hope I died before my wife because if she got there and saw there were high heels she'd assume it was hell (and not be surprised to see me there, I'm sure.)

That way I could greet her by showing her around and casually say, "Yeah, hell was a nightmare of a fixer upper not so long ago but we're making progress..."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:56 am 
God

honorentheos wrote:
If true, I'd hope I died before my wife because if she got there and saw there were high heels she'd assume it was hell (and not be surprised to see me there, I'm sure.)

That way I could greet her by showing her around and casually say, "Yeah, hell was a nightmare of a fixer upper not so long ago but we're making progress..."

Lol!

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:08 am 
God

I'd like to say no but I am not sure how I would react at that time to anything I saw.

IMO we have no idea what an eternal existence or an eternal being is like. For example, what is the point of a street paved with gold to a being who has no need to use ground transportation? Why would an omnipresent being need many mansions? Why would an omniscient beings wear clothes? Of what worth is wealth to a being who can create anything?

When you really think about it, heaven always resembles our own cultural projections of a perfected human environment. Why a eternal perfect being would need or want to reside in such a place makes no sense.

Are there any aspects of religious belief that don't appear to be created by man?

Frankly a God in high heels and a floral skirt (male of female or neither) is as possible as any of the other thousands (millions?) of versions of deity worshiped by mankind.

In the end, if there is an unchanging God, the vast majority of those that lived, perhaps everyone, will be surprised when they see Him/Her/It.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:22 am 
God

I suppose a necessary follow up question is "Will men feel comfortable wearing high heels in heaven?"

A serious question. Will any man feel comfortable, if he so chooses to do so? What would Heavenly Father say to him? What about the 12 judges in Israel? What will they say?

What about the Charioteer of Motya? Will he feel comfortable in his tight fitting tunic?

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:08 am 
God

No.

That would explain a lot, actually.

- Doc

http://www.city-journal.org/html/13_1_why_feminism.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:23 pm 
God

I see no reason for clothing in heaven.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:25 pm 
God

Not a problem, but only if God was impeccably dressed. Say, like Jackie Kennedy.

I don't think I would be happy if God had poor taste. What would that say about the rest of creation?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:29 pm 
God

harmony wrote:

Which brings up a whole new set of questions.

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:33 pm 
God

zeezrom wrote:
harmony wrote:

Which brings up a whole new set of questions.

God's body is perfect; why put clothes on it?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:33 pm 
God

Quasimodo wrote:
Not a problem, but only if God was impeccably dressed. Say, like Jackie Kennedy.

I don't think I would be happy if God had poor taste. What would that say about the rest of creation?

Do you think robes of New Testament days are poor taste. Personally, I feel that style has a lot of potential.

But I agree with you. I would LOVE to see him dressed like Jackie. In particular, I would love to see him wear a pillbox hat.

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:36 pm 
God

harmony wrote:

To enhance his perfect parts?
To glorify his masculinity? To remind us of our femininity?

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:52 pm 
God

Well, we are safe to say he wears an apron that represents his priesthood.

What goes well with an apron?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:13 pm 
God

honorentheos wrote:

Pearls
[#img] http://24.media.tumblr.com/e780a55cb81f ... o1_500.jpg[/img]

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:15 pm 
God

zeezrom wrote:
...you entered the gates to heaven and found Heavenly Father wearing high heels and a floral skirt?

Why or why not?

-please assume Heavenly Father and heaven are real.

Thanks!

Zee.

No, because I won't care what Heavenly Father is wearing when I will be very happy to finally be in heaven.

- Jacob 6:12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:29 pm 
God

Brackite wrote:

No, because I won't care what Heavenly Father is wearing when I will be very happy to finally be in heaven.

How about after the excitement wears off?

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:55 pm 
God

FYI

Quote:
The Lord defined some very basic differences between men and women. He gave the male what we call masculine traits and the female feminine traits. He did not intend either of the sexes to adopt the other's traits but, rather, that men should look and act like men and that women should look and act like women. When these differences are ignored, an unwholesome relationship develops, which, if not checked, can lead to the reprehensible, tragic sin of homosexuality. In other words, we have a responsibility as priesthood bearers to be examples of true manhood.
"The Meaning of Morality" Victor L. Brown, 1971 General Conference

Quote:
It is most important that you Aaronic Priesthood holders learn what strengths you have as men. Possibly you were foreordained to great priesthood callings. You need to learn that these masculine strengths are great, noble, and God-given; however, they also have some limitations. Because of these limitations, it is equally important to learn how the influence of good women in our lives can complement these strengths and overcome these limitations. As you walk on the way to eternity, it is important to gain some understanding and appreciation for the wonderful endowments and callings God has given uniquely to women. I wonder if we really understand the fulness of these queenly endowments.
"The Highest Place of Honor", James E. Faust 1988 GC

Quote:
Some roles are best suited to the masculine nature and others to the feminine nature.
BKP, 1993

Quote:
Be careful lest you unknowingly foster influences and activities which tend to erase the masculine and feminine differences nature has established. ...Even so, leaders, and especially parents, should recognize that there is a distinct masculine nature and a distinct feminine nature essential to the foundation of the home and the family. Whatever disturbs or weakens or tends to erase that difference erodes the family and reduces the probability of happiness for all concerned.
BKP, 1998 GC

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:07 pm 
God

zeezrom wrote:
honorentheos wrote:

Pearls

LOL!

Not what I was expecting...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:40 pm 
God

harmony wrote:

Harmony thinks outside the box.

- Doc

http://www.city-journal.org/html/13_1_why_feminism.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:10 pm 
God

zeezrom wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:

Do you think robes of New Testament days are poor taste. Personally, I feel that style has a lot of potential.

But I agree with you. I would LOVE to see him dressed like Jackie. In particular, I would love to see him wear a pillbox hat.

Robes would be fine, even great so long as the shoes and purses match.