It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: The Peterson/Schryver Inquisition
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:17 am 
God

Yong Xi wrote:
Ray has a history of being a switch hitter when it comes to Mormonism. I still like him and hope he stays.

I hope he stays also but I am miffed as how one can turn the DCP worship on and off and remain true to their selves.

2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

Post subject: Re: The Peterson/Schryver Inquisition
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:29 am 
Seedy Academician

Tator wrote:
I hope he stays also but I am miffed as how one can turn the DCP worship on and off and remain true to their selves.

Ray is simply convinced that Doctor Scratch is evil, that Daniel Peterson is the innocent and aggrieved party, and that I am the most vulnerable target to push in order to right this wrong to some degree.

The problem is that: 1) I do not believe it would be productive for me to fight with Doctor Scratch every time he does something I disagree with; 2) Daniel Peterson is not my target; 3) the practice of publishing criticisms of members in good standing at BYU is; 4) since my reasonable and salutary criticism is aimed at a deleterious practice, not a person, I will not be duped into indulging in endless personal squabbles, such as one with Doctor Scratch, Daniel Peterson, or even Ray A.

Ray was an exception to the last point because of our onetime, long friendship. Soon, however, I will put him on ignore because he refuses to listen to reason and has stooped to endless, petty attacks on me for he purposes of throwing up a distraction or some such.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14