It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:45 pm 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am
Posts: 7306
...according to softball league in Mercer County...

Quote:
MERCER COUNTY, Pa. — Members of one church were told they weren't allowed to participate in a Mercer County softball league because of their beliefs.
Players from Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints church in Slippery Rock said they were told they couldn't participate in the Grove City Area Church softball league because they're Mormon.
The Grove City Area Church league is made up of 11 teams. Players said when they received word that Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints may participate, three of the teams refused to play if they were accepted.
The president of the league released a statement saying, "The GCA church softball league is intended for fellowship among Christian churches. Not for members of different faiths. To call a group who proclaims a different gospel of salvation of Christian church is not only untrue, it is unloving. We cannot do this. We will not do this."
League officials took a vote and refused to allow the team into the league. The league's president said members of the church are still welcome to play in the league, just not as a team.

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:49 pm 
God

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:28 pm
Posts: 1451
so rather than keep the wolves as a pack which makes the wolves easier to identify, according to the "christians" the wiser course is for the wolves to be placed in sheeps clothing and permitted among the flock.......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:10 pm 
Priest
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 281
Hate the team, love the player.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:12 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 pm
Posts: 1933
I was thinking about this today actually.

Mormons believe in the historical Jesus that came to earth and died so they might be saved. They believe in the same mortal Jesus as christians believe.

Mormons do not believe in the same immortal Jesus though. The mormon Jesus is a serperate being from god so he is not the same immortal Jesus that Christains believe in.

My mom was saying the other day that she loved how president bush would always say god bless america. Next time I'll ask her why does she like that because she doesn't believe in the same god GW believes in. Why would my mom want a different god than her definition to bless america.

I think Mormons can call themselves christains but with the disclaimer that they believe in a different immortal Jesus.

Anyways does it really matter?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:30 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:48 am
Posts: 18249
Not a problem. It's their Church. They can do whatever they want. The Marmons will just have to up and create their own team and challenge the GCA cowards to a tournament.

I also notice that:

Quote:
League officials took a vote and refused to allow the team into the league. The league's president said members of the church are still welcome to play in the league, just not as a team.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/mormon-softball-team-banned-mercer-county-christia/nPDBh/



Quote:
Anyways does it really matter?


It does if one believes God is not a liar and a respecter of persons.

But it also depends contextually on what one is talking about as to whether or not we believe in the same Jesus. We do in the sense that we are talking about the same Being. We don't in the sense that the doctrines are quite different in critical aspects. As for the mortal-immortal dichotomy presented above, that may not work either because we LDS do not accept the trinitarian "mystical union". Our mortal Jesus came to earth as a homo sapiens God who condescended to come down here. Trinitarian mortal Jesus is essentially a piece or a reflection of the mysterious God detached and sent to earth.

_________________
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
A lesson on 'Faggotry' for Kevin Graham; a legitimately descriptive and even positive term used by homosexuals themselves.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:35 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:31 pm
Posts: 1889
Rambo wrote:
I think Mormons can call themselves christains but with the disclaimer that they believe in a different immortal Jesus.

I've never understood the assertions by some groups that Mormons aren't Christian. They seem to think that for some reason I haven't been able to figure out, those groups are entitled to decide who is Christian and who is not. Why should anyone believe they are entitled to do that?

_________________
KevinSim

"I have faith in God ... How do you get anything circular out of that?" Kevin Sim
"I think Bazooka is either just trying to annoy you by insisting you're using circular reasoning, or he doesn't understand what circular reasoning is." Chomsky


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:53 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:38 am
Posts: 2004
Location: Egbert Bratt Grandin Chair of Textual Criticism at Cassius University
KevinSim wrote:
Rambo wrote:
I think Mormons can call themselves christains but with the disclaimer that they believe in a different immortal Jesus.

I've never understood the assertions by some groups that Mormons aren't Christian. They seem to think that for some reason I haven't been able to figure out, those groups are entitled to decide who is Christian and who is not. Why should anyone believe they are entitled to do that?


It really isn't any different than the Salt Lake Monsonite LDS church deciding who gets to be called "Mormon."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:57 pm 
abstract
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:26 am
Posts: 3041
Rambo wrote:
I was thinking about this today actually.

Mormons believe in the historical Jesus that came to earth and died so they might be saved. They believe in the same mortal Jesus as christians believe.

You mean the Jesus that lives on Kolob... the brother of Satan?

Rambo wrote:
Mormons do not believe in the same immortal Jesus though. The mormon Jesus is a serperate being from god so he is not the same immortal Jesus that Christains believe in.

The similarities in the Mormon version of Jesus Christ and the Christian version aren't even remotely close.

Rambo wrote:
My mom was saying the other day that she loved how president bush would always say god bless america. Next time I'll ask her why does she like that because she doesn't believe in the same god GW believes in. Why would my mom want a different god than her definition to bless america.

?

Rambo wrote:
I think Mormons can call themselves christains but with the disclaimer that they believe in a different immortal Jesus.

"Mormons" believe in the doctrine of Joseph Smith. "Christians" rejects Joseph Smith as a false prophet of and all of Mormon doctrine as that of a false prophet of God. The two religions have a completely different theology, and to claim they are the same from a Mormon perspective is to buy into the LDS arrogance that they are the "true" Christians.

Rambo wrote:
Anyways does it really matter?

Yes. It matters more than you lackadaisically acknowledge. Mormons want to be known as "Christian" to include the "new Testament of Jesus Christ" as a "Christian" theology, when it's not. There isn't one single doctrine shared between the Christian faith and the Mormon faith... not one. Your argument could label Jews as "Christian" because they accept the old testament.

Bravo for this stand on what is not Christian, as Mormonism is not Christian in any way, shape, or form.

_________________
2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine.
2 Tim 4:4 They will turn their ears away from the truth & turn aside to myths


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:05 pm 
abstract
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:26 am
Posts: 3041
KevinSim wrote:
Rambo wrote:
I think Mormons can call themselves christains but with the disclaimer that they believe in a different immortal Jesus.

I've never understood the assertions by some groups that Mormons aren't Christian. They seem to think that for some reason I haven't been able to figure out, those groups are entitled to decide who is Christian and who is not. Why should anyone believe they are entitled to do that?

"Christian" theology rejects Joseph Smith as a false prophet of God, and all of the doctrine of Joseph Smith as from a false prophet. The revised bible (JST) that Joseph Smith corrected isn't even acknowledge by the likes of those that claim the "official" bible is the KJV. Why? Why not buy into the JST if you're LDS that includes the after-the-fact "prophecy" of Joseph introducing himself as the son of Joseph....

http://www.christian-restoration.com/cu ... mormon.htm
Quote:
In his own translation of the King James version of the Bible, he wrote himself into the book of Genesis. 'And that seer will I bless...and his name shall be called Joseph, and it shall be after the name of his father..' Genesis 50:53 Joseph Smith translation

_________________
2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine.
2 Tim 4:4 They will turn their ears away from the truth & turn aside to myths


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:11 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:03 pm
Posts: 2373
Mormonism is not a Christian religion; not even worshipping the same God as Christians. It is founded on the belief that Christianity is false. So I haven't understood why Christians saying Mormons are not Christians is something for Mormons to be offended at.

_________________
Being a Christian is not the result of an ethical choice or a lofty idea, but the encounter with an event, a person, which gives life a new horizon and a decisive direction -Pope Benedict XVI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:52 pm 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am
Posts: 7306
Aristotle Smith wrote:
Rambo wrote:
I think Mormons can call themselves christains but with the disclaimer that they believe in a different immortal Jesus.

KevinSim wrote:
I've never understood the assertions by some groups that Mormons aren't Christian. They seem to think that for some reason I haven't been able to figure out, those groups are entitled to decide who is Christian and who is not. Why should anyone believe they are entitled to do that?


It really isn't any different than the Salt Lake Monsonite LDS church deciding who gets to be called "Mormon."


Kevin...
Kevin...
Kevin...?

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:30 am 
the very elect
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:07 pm
Posts: 5441
Rambo wrote:
Mormons believe in the historical Jesus that came to earth and died so they might be saved. They believe in the same mortal Jesus as christians believe.


The story of Jesus is that he built a road back to heaven and all you need to do is walk on it to get back there.

Mormons built a toll booth on the side of this road and they try to convince those passing by that they need to pay a toll --and then keep walking.

Back to the topic...
If Mormonism is Christianity, then Mormons must call it Original Christianity.

_________________
New name: Boaz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:14 am 
World's Top Zion Scientist
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:11 pm
Posts: 7010
Location: North Side of The Apocalrock
Original Christianity requires that you obey Jesus' commandment and take no thought for your life WHILE you seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness. That is why after his resurrection Jesus told those Jews who believed on him to WAIT until they received the promise of the Father and got the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost. They did this and either today or yesterday was Pentecost the day when many of the original Christians became that.

This is not the accepting Jesus as your personal Savior born again snake oil that is sold to the Christian world. For money, no, not really, but keep those funds coming in so that the WORD can be shared more and more. The original Jews had to be coached by Christ for forty days after witnessing his mortal ministry for up to three years to get prepared to fast and pray with one accord sufficiently before they had subjected themselves to the kingdom of God that the promise of the Father could and would fall upon them and transform them into the righteousness of God.

Christians have changed that gospel that is true to a McGospel that sells slick and fast and is most convenient to the pitchmen. And the purpose of getting the gospel right is NOT just to be saved. It is to do the will of the Father. That is the kingdom of God. The first act of doing the will of the Father is to believe upon Christ with full purpose of heart so that you can be visited of God and receive that unction from on High that is the earnest of your salvation. THEN you continue to DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER being taught of God and led day to day as you continue to put his will before your own interests.

Folks, who has ever lived this manner of religion? NOBODY! Christianity is the religion that has never been tried or even understood. It is yet to be discovered.

And don't get me started on how badly the Mormons screwed up the Restoration. They repudiated the standard of Zion from the beginning and refuse to even look in that direction. No Zion means no true church. In Zion the will of the Father is done on earth as it is in heaven. That is what Christ commanded and did as an example. That is Christian and everyone out there pretending can enjoy all the money they make pretending and seducing their victims.

Saying Zion, Mormons, and Christians all worship a different God is stupid. It would be like saying you only believe in the first three Beatles albums for Christians while the Mormons accept St Peppers and white album. Zion of course is not even in the same league and could not care less about the Beatles because they are of the vain things of the world.

_________________
The Millennial Day Special Events Center...Now showing: THE PROOF OF GOD'S EXISTENCE exhibit of over 200 scriptural icons cut out of one mountain without hands.
51 East 400 South Bountiful, Utah 84010
http://apocalblog.blogspot.com/.

My YouTube videos:HERE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:28 am 
abstract
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:26 am
Posts: 3041
Nightlion wrote:
And don't get me started on how badly the Mormons screwed up the Restoration. They repudiated the standard of Zion from the beginning and refuse to even look in that direction. No Zion means no true church. In Zion the will of the Father is done on earth as it is in heaven. That is what Christ commanded and did as an example. That is Christian and everyone out there pretending can enjoy all the money they make pretending and seducing their victims.

Heaven... party of one.

Nightlion wrote:
Saying Zion, Mormons, and Christians all worship a different God is stupid. It would be like saying you only believe in the first three Beatles albums for Christians while the Mormons accept St Peppers and white album. Zion of course is not even in the same league and could not care less about the Beatles because they are of the vain things of the world.

What a preposterous analogy. Your Beatles analogy would also include Jews, so your argument must be that Jews are Christians too. According to Joseph Smith, all Christian religions are wrong, so to label Mormonism "Christianity" makes as much sense as Christians labeling Judaism Christianity because Jews accept part of the Christian doctrine. The important factor in this definition is what doctrine the religion rejects, and all Christian religions reject the doctrine of Joseph Smith as false.

http://mormonthink.com/QUOTES/christianity.htm
Quote:
“My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right (for at this time it had never entered into my heart that all were wrong)—and which I should join.”
“I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in His sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: ‘they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.’”
“He again forbade me to join with any of them; and many other things did he say unto me, which I cannot write at this time. When I came to myself again, I found myself lying on my back, looking up into heaven. When the light had departed, I had no strength; but soon recovering in some degree, I went home. And as I leaned up to the fireplace, mother inquired what the matter was. I replied, ‘Never mind, all is well—I am well enough off.’ I then said to my mother, ‘I have learned for myself that Presbyterianism is not true.’ It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me?

- Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr., Joseph Smith–History, v. 1, pp. 8–26

"What is it that inspires professors of Christianity generally with a hope of salvation? It is that smooth, sophisticated influence of the devil, by which he deceives the whole world"

- Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr., Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 270

"...all the priests who adhere to the sectarian religions of the day with all their followers, without one exception, receive their portion with the devil and his angels."

- Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr. , The Elders Journal, v. 1, no. 4, p. 60

“Nothing less than a complete apostasy from the Christian religion would warrant the establishment of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.”

- Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr., History of the Church, v. 1, p. xl

_________________
2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine.
2 Tim 4:4 They will turn their ears away from the truth & turn aside to myths


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:07 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:08 pm
Posts: 2310
Location: We Have Always Been At War with Eastasia
The Beatles were Jewish?

_________________
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:38 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am
Posts: 7306
lulu wrote:
The Beatles were Jewish?


Edited to remove crap joke.

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:55 am 
Hermit
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:12 pm
Posts: 5882
Location: Cave
Quote:
I think Mormons can call themselves christains but with the disclaimer that they believe in a different immortal Jesus.

Anyways does it really matter?


Can the "Christians" call themselves Members of The Church of Jesus Christ, which is the name the Morg insists the media use to identify them in second reference? The corporation wants maximum exposure as just another face in the crowd of right-thinkin' Christians for PR purposes, but then off comes the sheep costume when the flexibility is supposed to move in the other direction. Think of it this way:

Mormons join the softball league because hey, we're all Christians, right?
Mormon teen boy meets EV teen girl, now isn't this marvelous because we're all Christian, family-loving folks, right?
Mormon boy and Mormon girl come to the Mormon fireside and potluck because we're all just a big family of simple, PG-movies-only Christians, right?
Mormon boy and convert girlfriend get married and the family of the convert girlfriend gathers with their in-laws to watch their child take the most important step in her life because hey, we're all one big family of Christians, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:04 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:08 pm
Posts: 2310
Location: We Have Always Been At War with Eastasia
Drifting wrote:
lulu wrote:
The Beatles were Jewish?

Edited to remove crap joke.

Crap joke still there, dazzling display of editorial power.
Violation of Universal Rule 2.

_________________
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.


Last edited by lulu on Mon May 28, 2012 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:09 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am
Posts: 7306
Gadianton wrote:
Quote:
I think Mormons can call themselves christains but with the disclaimer that they believe in a different immortal Jesus.

Anyways does it really matter?


Can the "Christians" call themselves Members of The Church of Jesus Christ, which is the name the Morg insists the media use to identify them in second reference? The corporation wants maximum exposure as just another face in the crowd of right-thinkin' Christians for PR purposes, but then off comes the sheep costume when the flexibility is supposed to move in the other direction. Think of it this way:

Mormons join the softball league because hey, we're all Christians, right?
Mormon teen boy meets EV teen girl, now isn't this marvelous because we're all Christian, family-loving folks, right?
Mormon boy and Mormon girl come to the Mormon fireside and potluck because we're all just a big family of simple, PG-movies-only Christians, right?
Mormon boy and convert girlfriend get married and the family of the convert girlfriend gathers with their in-laws to watch their child take the most important step in her life because hey, we're all one big family of Christians, right?


That's a very interesting point.
When the Church counsels it's young men and young women to not marry outside the faith do they mean the Mormon faith or the wider Christian faith? Hmmm...

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:14 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:08 pm
Posts: 2310
Location: We Have Always Been At War with Eastasia
Drifting wrote:
That's a very interesting point.

Were the Beatles the Beatles before Ringo?

_________________
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mormonism not Christian...
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:17 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am
Posts: 7306
II Mormons are Christians why can't Catholics go into LDS Temples?

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fence Sitter, Google [Bot], Gunnar, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group